What skills / qualifications do I need to become a NIGHTCLUB BOUNCER?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My observations have given to me that I need to keep people standing outside, without reason, whatever the weather.

and also...to disrespect those physically smaller than me, whilst simultaneously eyeing-up their girlfriends.

not forgetting to...completely over-react to any fight - by getting nine of my best steroid-abusing colleagues to assist me in giving them a criminal beating, paying close attention to avoiding any cameras.

to...co-ordinate / take part in drug-dealing activities, as dictated by management.

So the question is...have I missed anything here?

Is the job description accurate?

Also, am I likely to get on job training, or do I need to become a skin head first?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you live in the UK you will need to do your SIA qualification. This can be done at a few colleges on a Saturday. It's not that hard.

Here is some more info: http://www.the-sia.org.uk/home

Yes, you will need SIA badge :D
and you need few things:
Patience!
[to explain same thing 10 times, drunk ppl think slowly]
"Thick skin"
[so don't take anything personally, there will be a lot of insults believe me, like those above]
Assertiveness
[you can't be affraid to say NO it's better to have trouble maker getting mad outside then had to get him outside from the venue]
Calmness
[the less you say as an answer, the less aggro you will get back]
"Professional distance"
[from experience I know that the first ones to abuse your trust or given privilages are those who claim to be your friends]

Anyone know and Cindy Lou are both walts who thought they would come on here take the p1ss by posting crap. Did some bad doorman refuse you and your boyfriend entry because the dont let queens like you two into nightclubs, are you both 17 and had your crappy fake id taken off you, did you run home and cry to mummy. Phone the Samaratins they will listen to your crap, we wont. Covert Monkey can we get these walts off the site/forum?

Dont know why anybody would grace the idiot that ask that question with an answer, the rest of the members on this very informative site please forgive my abruptness.

Bouncer

What you need to become a Bouncer as you call it , is a fucking good left hook & a tounge that can be wicked ha ha ha .. Nah messing mate you'll probelry have to attend the course wich is a load of bollocks to be honest but to become 1 of them you need to do it , sorry but thats the way the industry is now , CRACK ON ENJOY IT :D

Anyone Know?

Had a bad night did we?

The points you raise are ancient stereotypes that no longer have a place on the doors, should you decide to actually ask a mature question, in a mature manner, then I'm confident that you will find the members of this forum to be most helpfull.

However, seeing as you came on like a spoilt mummys boy, angry because he wasn't allowed into a club, (you probably made a complete t**t of yourself in the process, claiming the DS have attitudes etc, when you were in all likelihood, just to drunk/drugged/young/stupid etc) then I for one won't bother with you. Muppet.

Anyone Know When your in a club and someone starts having a fight or argument i bet you are the first person to say that the Doormen should do something, that is in fact if you are old enough to be in there.
The previous stereo type you mentioned might still be around in illegal clubs, private memebers, but for the general public DS dont do that anymore they are aware that if a complaint of assault is made against them they could ahve their licence revoked and no income.
But if you provoke a situatoin by being an annoying muppet which it sounds like you are, and getting in their face, not doing as you are asked etc. Then prepare for the consequences. Most door staff have to keep the ratio correct inside, too many men/boys and inevitably there are going to be problems to much testosterone. Hence the reason they check out the que and also spot any potential little oiks.

Anyone know i suggest you study the world of a D/S most are ex military or joined the industry as it pays the rent or believe it or not supplement there income as they study yes shock alot of D/S are studying for degrees also a CP(Thats a profesional who protects a very important subject or item because they have been trained to a high caliber in that chosen industry) also sometimes work doors for there own personal reason.
What im basically saying is wind you kneck in you little no chest liitle chav mummys boy as you never know who your sitting next to when your in the libary studying for that next exam.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WzKnNQEeI8]YouTube - Bouncer[/ame]

My observations have given to me that I need to keep people standing outside, without reason, whatever the weather.

and also...to disrespect those physically smaller than me, whilst simultaneously eyeing-up their girlfriends.

not forgetting to...completely over-react to any fight - by getting nine of my best steroid-abusing colleagues to assist me in giving them a criminal beating, paying close attention to avoiding any cameras.

to...co-ordinate / take part in drug-dealing activities, as dictated by management.

So the question is...have I missed anything here?

Is the job description accurate?

Also, am I likely to get on job training, or do I need to become a skin head first?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Okay, I have to do it, first of to all the real DS on here, my apologies for any innaccuracies, I have never been a DS but I have respect for those that do, it must be a difficult and thankless task at the best of times, a bit like doing RST I suppose but with the added problems of drunks and Druggies.

So Anyone Know, Is that your user name or your actual name, as in Anyone Know your father? obviously you don't. Or was he one of many Door Supervisors that your mum 'visited' with, were you conceived ( That means, did some DS s*ag your mum) up an alleyway beside a high class club while other members of the door staff cheered him on? Maybe that is why you have such a low opinion of door staff or maybe it is you don't have what it takes to do the job ie, a set of balls!
Here is some on the job training for you free of charge, don't put so much salt on the fries when you serve them up with the Big Mac! it cuts down on the profits of the organisation you work for and they may have to reduce your hourly rate to 1.50 an hour. Or did you think that Big Mac was a rather large scottish gentleman who would take you away and make you a man!

Now I am really looking forward to full and frank exchange of views with you, but as we speak, you are probably in a dark room dreaming of being a Door Supervisor and giving your favourite woman, Palm, a good seeing to! Keep taking the medication and if you are short of mates and things to do in the evening, take up a hobby, suicide would be a good one for you!!

just gotta be big and dumb from my observations.........i never knew people actually aspired to be a bouncer, bet your momma will be so proud

I bet your momma would be real proud of you too CiNdYLou, not every day that we get to meet a real live Transexual on here, did you pay for the operation or was it do it yourself? If you paid for it, I would ask for a refund!

I really like this forum! So many of you guys got very defensive up here, without hesitation used word Fxxx and I can see that it just proved the point; Bouncers are not qualified for their job, so many of you must think now, how to prove that you not as thick as you are, and that what you said in your post it wasn't really you, it was your younger sister. Not all the Bouncers are bad but here in UK majority is perfectly described in the first post. And I know many cases as described lost their "easy to get license".:D

xxx

I really like this forum! So many of you guys got very defensive up here, without hesitation used word Fxxx and I can see that it just proved the point; Bouncers are not qualified for their job, so many of you must think now, how to prove that you not as thick as you are, and that what you said in your post it wasn't really you, it was your younger sister. Not all the Bouncers are bad but here in UK majority is perfectly described in the first post. And I know many cases as described lost their "easy to get license".:D

xxx

Interesting and what training or qualifications in the cp and ds sector have you to comment that people are not qualified.Have you been on any of the said training courses or do you teach them.This isnt a dig but if you comment on a post please tell us how these guys and girls are unqualified

Tombraider (nice name, what are you, 12?)

The reason people got defensive is because this guy came on in a very insulting manner and proceeded to throw comments that are outdated and show a stereotype from the dark ages.

The fact that he described DS in the way he did, clearly shows that the only knowlege of DS he has, comes from little to no experience in dealing with them.

He, and now you have made comments about a job that pays the bills and puts food on the table, every DS I know would quit tomorrow if they could afford to, because in the main, they have to deal with ill informed muppets who think they know t all.

As for being thick, as it has been mentioned, many DS have, or are studying for degrees, it also takes a great deal of intelligence to deal with someone who is Drunk/drugged/violent/upset etc etc, in a professional manner.

So if you feel that you wish to make comments on this profession, at least tell us what you do for a living and lets see what ancient stereotypes we can throw your way about how you earn a living.

Heno

Marcus,
I don't think that I need any qualifications to comment on this topic, ask anyone who ever been to the club. As I said not all DS are bad but for majority the above description is "spot on"

As for "TombRaider" well, some people have different interest then standing by the door, most of us want to be here incognito but still give you some clue what you do for a living. :D I think we should leave it here...unless you you want to repeat the history of the 12 Bouncers.

TA TA

Don't need any qualifications to comment on this topic? So you're observations come from no experience whatsoever? Funny that, I'd never have guessed.

So you're experience of the "majority of DS" comes from where exactly? Do you go out to pubs/clubs that often that you feel qualified to make judgement on the majority of DS? If so, are you drinking when you're there? Are you sober? Is your contact with DS limited to the few moments in which you interact when you enter the venue? If not PLEASE tell us how you're so expert on the majority of DS and where this experience comes from.

If you're going to make comments like you have, then at least have the bottle to back it up and state your experience you have with DS.

Sorry I don't drink, just worked closely with authorities in the past. I've got the feeling that your dream now is to have me within reach of your hands :D

Ta Ta im arguing with an unqualified un experienced 17 yr old girl whos upset that the D/S turned her away tell us in your experience about the 12 D/S but be warned unlike yourself im an instructor in the D/S with 14 years to back it up so bring it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back