Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Where to go? What to do?

Janey89

Hi, I've just returned from Op Herrick and during my time on ops have been introduced to a few guys and girls operating within the CP world. It's something I have recently become extremely interested in as I feel the army can no longer provide me with either the job satisfaction or level of challenge that I really need! One of the guys I was chatting to was edging me towards it and said his company was looking for females to work in Saudi. He said I would be an ideal fit. But, lost contact with the guy!

I'm only 23 years old, and I'm aware that could be an issue. I'm looking for work possibly Middle East, I just don't really know where to go from here? Or what courses to undertake.

I am currently looking at studying Arabic next year, and hoping to get some courses under my belt that would make me more of an asset to a future employer. Any advice on useful courses? And who to take them through. I know SIA can be valuable and would look at doing it during my 'signing off' period.

ATM, I don't have too much of an idea about working within cp, and before submitting an application I want to ensure that I have my head screwed on and a firm understanding and knowledge of the job. Along with a strong chance of being employed.

Thanks.

Jenco10

Full Registered User
Hi, I see you have not had any replies, so thought I may try & help any young female, as us old ones need replacing sooner or later...lol... I work in Door Supervisor for some years, but also ex-mil and wish I was your age again, as I would go down the world of CP Internationally. I am more than double your age and have many friends who do CP & Martime, there have been times I have been asked to come and work in this field, as they know me, know how I work and being female, there is work for the right females out there, but I feel, I maybe getting to old now to start in this field.

Not sure what you do now, but they do look for someone who can show no fear, when confronted and can think on your feet, but not someone who thinks they know it all & being too cocky and not willing to learn, this is no disrepect to you or any other female, But there have been in the past, females (and many cases, Males) who say they can do the job & full of it and when it comes to the crunch, hide or can't back up there colleagues.
Also remember in this field you have to put your personal life on hold, as it can be very demanding job & dangerous and some partners can not deal with this, I have seen many male friends who's relationship have failed.

As for who, well there are many companies worldwide and it maybe best to do your homework on any names you are given or ask about around or there are guys on here or past posts that cover this subject. There are however two main ones that come to mind, that are in the UK, Ronin Concepts & Longmoor Security which both do CP and I hear are very good, a friend of mine works for the Olive Group, he likes them and is happy with them, but not sure myself what they are like, people have there different opinions on any company, so you may have to do your homework. I hope this has helped a bit.

Good luck in your search and if I can help in any other way, then please send me a message and I will do what I can to help.

All the best Jen

Carl Dowd

Hi, I've just returned from Op Herrick and during my time on ops have been introduced to a few guys and girls operating within the CP world. It's something I have recently become extremely interested in as I feel the army can no longer provide me with either the job satisfaction or level of challenge that I really need! One of the guys I was chatting to was edging me towards it and said his company was looking for females to work in Saudi. He said I would be an ideal fit. But, lost contact with the guy!

I'm only 23 years old, and I'm aware that could be an issue. I'm looking for work possibly Middle East, I just don't really know where to go from here? Or what courses to undertake.

I am currently looking at studying Arabic next year, and hoping to get some courses under my belt that would make me more of an asset to a future employer. Any advice on useful courses? And who to take them through. I know SIA can be valuable and would look at doing it during my 'signing off' period.

ATM, I don't have too much of an idea about working within cp, and before submitting an application I want to ensure that I have my head screwed on and a firm understanding and knowledge of the job. Along with a strong chance of being employed.

Thanks.
You're 23 and it is my consideration that you have not yet exhausted all that is on offer within the Military if you are looking for excitement..! Try applying for SRR, I'm sure you will find some job satisfaction there. It is my understanding that even post the change from INT 14 they still recruit females and you have an added bonus to offer them... in the way of the Arabic language...

Worth a thought... Good luck!

CD

Janey89

Thanks very much Jen, I'll message you if anything comes to mind. Always keen to learn from another's experience.

And Carl, I have recently applied for Op Samson, however, due to age, they aren't keen on accepting. Got a few people fighting my corner though.
Totally get what your saying, but I'm not looking to sign off before having a shot at another branch in the army. Alls I'm saying is in the future I would love to do CP. Or perhaps surveillance. Just simply looking for advice on courses to take to aid oppurtunities and to ensure I don't go inexperienced, unqualified, or just another 'young' hopeful.
Highly interested in medicine too, and currently studying. So was thinking EMT-B?

Handy courses that will fill up some time? :) please?

KingLeonidas

Longterm Registered User
janey ... a suggestion.

when you are young - put as much time and money into training that you possibly can.
don't waste your time on random stuff.
learn from the best.

definitely do some courses from ISS Training.
Then ask around and try to identify some of the best women in the CP business today.
Talk to them - ask their advice.
If possible, try to get some sort of position as an assistant with them.
even if the pay is poor - the skills you will learn will pay off handsomely later on.

if you do these things - you will move towards your goal.

cheers,
KL

fbg

have you thought of doing RMP then doing their CP course as it is highly thought of in the civilian world.

fbg

Janey89

Hi, yeah that's exactly what I'm aiming to do! The army are pretty bad at giving you anything apart from experience, so I'm getting up and doing courses myself!

Money isn't and issue, I simply just want to do something I think I would be suited to and enjoy.

I'll take your advice, Thankyou.

Carl Dowd

Thanks very much Jen, I'll message you if anything comes to mind. Always keen to learn from another's experience.

And Carl, I have recently applied for Op Samson, however, due to age, they aren't keen on accepting. Got a few people fighting my corner though.
Totally get what your saying, but I'm not looking to sign off before having a shot at another branch in the army. Alls I'm saying is in the future I would love to do CP. Or perhaps surveillance. Just simply looking for advice on courses to take to aid oppurtunities and to ensure I don't go inexperienced, unqualified, or just another 'young' hopeful.
Highly interested in medicine too, and currently studying. So was thinking EMT-B?

Handy courses that will fill up some time? :) please?

Last edited:

skydiver

Full Registered User
Hi Janey89
I did my CP course with Ronin, Hereford and Surveillance courses with TSG so I can help you with regards to the courses (also worked for TSG) so PM me if you have any Q's....
Im also ex military looking to do CP work in the New Year also v jealous of the 23 thing! this C/S is 31 :(

TMAC

Longterm Registered User
Hi Janey89,
The EMT-B is also a great course, just completed mine and waiting to sit exams.
Highly recommend it, even for use in every day life.

T

Top Bottom