Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which course is required

Lincs

Full Registered User
Hello,

I am looking to get training to become a CCTV operative.

I understand that I need to complete a course to be able to apply for the 3 year license.

What course do I need to complete, is it the same one as a security guard and door supervisor?

Thanks for any information.

colonel45155

Longterm Registered User
Might be the........ CCTV course you're after mate. (I could be wrong). I bet you'll be the best eagle eyed op ever. You miss nothing.

Last edited:

Lincs

Full Registered User
Might be the........ CCTV course you're after mate. (I could be wrong). I bet you'll be the best eagle eyed op ever. You miss nothing.
Thanks for the replies and the link.

It looks like the only course that includes CCTV-1 and CCTV-2 is "Front line public space surveillance (CCTV) licence". But that course does not include security guarding. I thought it would be handy to be able to do both in case I found it difficult to find work in CCTV initially.

MrBlonde

Longterm Registered User
You complete a course based on what you want to be licenced to undertake
CCTV teaches the requirements for that, you may then want to complete Security Guard (because you'll be in the CCTV room, then off on patrol of the warehouse), Door Supervisor (because you'll be in the CCTV room then off out around the Club venue), CViT (because you'll be in the CCTV room then transporting takings) or whatever.
Find a company that delivers it all and ask for a discount if you do more than one course

Lincs

Full Registered User
Many thanks Mr Blonde.
I just saw your original post and did wondered what LMGTFY meant, now I realise :)

I did originally use Google and that is how I was directed to this website and thought I might be able to ask a couple of questions from people in the business because there are a lot websites/companies advertising training and I want to make sure I select the correct course first time.
The SIA has many pages and I had not found the page that Bubba linked to but that will come in handy for asking the right questions when booking the course.

sekura

Full Registered User
I recall reading an SIA document a few weeks ago which mentions that a SC course covers private space CCTV, and as DS and CP cover SC, they are the same too. CCTV on the other hand cover public space. I could be completel wrong in this, but that's my understanding of the document.

Probably best to do DS with CCTV.

Top Bottom