help me

I look ugly in my photos. yet when i look in the mirror i look ok. so which one am I? i dont understand why there is such a big difference. which one truly refelcts me?

The mirror reflects you the photo shows you. We get used to the reflection that we look at daily, so when we see the real you in photos it doesn't seem right.

You actually look like the photo, the mirror image of your mirror image!

mmm the real you, only you know the real you. When you are being true to yourself... the person you are on the inside. So does it really matter what you look like from the outside???

Well I have seen some crazy requests and advices before hm I think this one is the top of my list hehe...Well dont we all take a look at ourselfs and now and then wish NOT to have that extra 3 ear on the chin, or to have the second thumb or similar...?
Well a good thing to know is what is uggly for one person is pretty for another thats why I might have been very sucssesful? hehe

Hawk

hehee yeah well you heard that saying about beauty sleep, that wont even touch me lol. I think its more a case of a miracle being needed in my case!

Help me,

Don't be so tough on yourself, but be honest with us! Are you trying to tell us you look like John Merrick licking piss off an electric fence?

Simple answer is don't look in a mirror or at pics of yourself. Others have no choice but to look, if only out of morbid fascination, but you my friend can take a stand and show your face about town with complete confidence. Just be careful of reflections in shop windows! (All in jest of course.)

Seriously though, I have no idea of the correct answer to your question.

Regards,
Paul.

You look what you look like to everyone else because thats how everyone else sees you. In the mirror you see what you want to see, and in the photo you look at what you once were. Do we have a philosophy forum here ?????

First of all you have to ask yourself what is the real you. I doubt that many really get that. Maybe the people that have seen someone die in front of them and realised that the flesh form is not you. After all at the moment of death the flesh form suddenly does not resemble the person you knew but merely a passing similarity. If that is so then the form either in a mirror or photo is not the real you at all but just a vehicle for the formless which is you. Even when you look in the mirror at yourself you never really look deep into every facet of your physical form, a photo is different because it does not contain that other component that you see from another person. That is why both moving images and photos just don't seem quite the same as the real person in front of you. It has nothing to do with clarity but the sense of a person and the acknowledgement from one being to another.

Well that is my take on it anyway, as you were :)

I look ugly in my photos. yet when i look in the mirror i look ok. so which one am I? i dont understand why there is such a big difference. which one truly refelcts me?

In answer to your question "which one truly refelcts me?"; Your perception of the image in the mirror is the one that truely reflects you. However this reflection is an image from the past as you have to factor the time difference into the equation and your relative distance from the mirror.

Hence if we accept the assumption that you stand 3 feet away from the mirror and calculating the speed of light at 983,571,056.4 feet per second. This means that the actual perceived image is, in reality, 6 nanoseconds older that the current image. Technically you are looking into the past at an earlier image of yourself.

If you think you are ugly when you view pictures of yourself from an earlier time, then you are ugly............but when you view yourself in a mirror; Due to the shorter time lapse, you are not as ugly.

Please take a little consellation in the fact that beauty is only skin deep.............but ugliness goes all the way to the middle!!!!

First of all you have to ask yourself what is the real you. I doubt that many really get that. Maybe the people that have seen someone die in front of them and realised that the flesh form is not you. After all at the moment of death the flesh form suddenly does not resemble the person you knew but merely a passing similarity. If that is so then the form either in a mirror or photo is not the real you at all but just a vehicle for the formless which is you. Even when you look in the mirror at yourself you never really look deep into every facet of your physical form, a photo is different because it does not contain that other component that you see from another person. That is why both moving images and photos just don't seem quite the same as the real person in front of you. It has nothing to do with clarity but the sense of a person and the acknowledgement from one being to another.

Well that is my take on it anyway, as you were :)

Thus spake Zarathustra!!!

Back