Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which Way Now?

I am writing to ask for advice. I am female and have held a DS licence for 2 and a half years. I have worked in port security and an RST contract which I really enjoyed. A newbie I know but want to take things to another level. I feel I have the life experience,common sense,maturity,intelligence, commitment and flexibility to undertake CP training but is that enough? I have no military experience and wonder from reading posts on the website whether that would be a disadvantage for me. I do not have any contacts in the field and therefore wonder if it would be extremely difficult to establish myself.

I would really appreciate any advice or information any one could offer.

Kind regards.

tapmaster

Longterm Registered User
I am writing to ask for advice. I am female and have held a DS licence for 2 and a half years. I have worked in port security and an RST contract which I really enjoyed. A newbie I know but want to take things to another level. I feel I have the life experience,common sense,maturity,intelligence, commitment and flexibility to undertake CP training but is that enough? I have no military experience and wonder from reading posts on the website whether that would be a disadvantage for me. I do not have any contacts in the field and therefore wonder if it would be extremely difficult to establish myself.

I would really appreciate any advice or information any one could offer.

Kind regards.
LadyMelina,

If you use the search bar you will come upon a wealth of information on just about any topic. You say that you have been a door supervisor for two years. If that is the case how then do you have no contacts? Did you work on the doors by yourself? If not then all the people you worked with some good and some bad are or can be a resource to you.

If you in fact worked RST then you certainly would have made contact with some CP personnel. This is only your second post on CPW and there are a lot of good people on here. We have forum meetings and there are regional meet ups every now and then. Take advantage of these meetings and meet people who can point you in the right direction.

Best Regards

Tapmaster

Bubba

Super Moderator
RST and not got any CP contacts?
If that is the case, then you did not stand out well enought from the rest of the RST team, as RST works closely with CP??? yeah?

Good advice from Tapmaster. Head down, get in and about the forums. Don't book anything yet, don't even contemplate it until you have read everything you can from the forum.
Thereafter you will have a good idea of whethere or not it is going to be the right thing for you or a complete and utter waste of time money and effort

Bubba

fbg

Wise words from all of the above, how come you did not get on with the cp team if you were rst?

As a female cpoTL I can assure you we always look for good females, sadly like many of the men they are few and far apart. The girls on the circuit that are always working are the ones who do a good job turn up on time, dont moan and leave their PC correctness at home.

You have only been doing secuirty work for two years so you have a way to go yet, but dont forget you can also do surveillance and u/c work.

stay safe

FBG

Thank you Tapmaster, Bubba and fpg for taking the time to reply to my post. I have taken all of your advice on board.

Top Bottom