Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Paul

Full Registered User
keep saluting me? This is very annoying I mean everytime a security guard catches sight of me, they stand to attention and salute me. Now I can not go and buy a pint of milk at the supermarket without being saluted by 20 plus gaurds! It is very annoying. What am I suppose to do, return the slaute. Do I need being my heels together and salute back up... one.... two.... down.... one... two!

Is anyone else having this problem at Phukets new shopping centre?

rlpuk1

Full Registered User
Nah, I just stick to my local in South Wales, got fed up with the saluting

dbevan

Full Registered User
I'm jealous I never got saluted while in Thailand. They fined me 4000 Baht for over stay though, pennies really. Try Pattaya instead.

Dave

Nomad

Longterm Registered User
That's kind of quaint really at least it is a mark of respect even if a little out of place when going grocery shopping. Still could be more annoying like the bartender in Singapore. I found a place that did Guiness but alas only in cans. Undetered I ordered one and the said bartender proceeded to do some Tom Cruise Cocktail type manouvers with said can of Guiness and poured what was mostly head into a glass and with a beaming smile, presented it to me! The Aussie guy sitting next to me nearly fell off his bar stool with laughter. After a 16 hour flight THAT was annoying, funny now though!

kirk

Full Registered User
i get saluted, by my area manager, and then i get looked up and down to see if my boots are shiny and my trousers arent creased, makes me look like a prick though

morky

Full Registered User
It makes me cringe a little every time I pass through Jungceylon to be honest. I have been fighting the urge to bang a bit of drill out and return the compliment for a while. I always bottle it it case they think I'm taking the piss. I always thank them and make sure they see me smile and I try to look like I appreciate it, but I'd rather they never did it.

If my girlfriend goes to bed early tonight I might show them a bit of light drill. I'd feel like a whopper if I had to explain it all to her again.

Phuket is ****ing immense by the way.

I've just been watching the funeral of one of the young Sappers who were murdered in Northern Ireland on TV in the bar. A very sobering moment.

I will raise a drink to those boys tonight. I've already shed a tear.

Goodnight, God bless.

hippy

Please ensure when returning said salute, to do so in a very casual manner, with a "Carry on" chucked in.... A riding crop or swagger stick tapped to peak makes an interesting variant....

Oddjob

keep saluting me? This is very annoying I mean everytime a security guard catches sight of me, they stand to attention and salute me. Now I can not go and buy a pint of milk at the supermarket without being saluted by 20 plus gaurds! It is very annoying. What am I suppose to do, return the slaute. Do I need being my heels together and salute back up... one.... two.... down.... one... two!

Is anyone else having this problem at Phukets new shopping centre?

John just posted this excert from :
Phuket code of conduct.

3.4 Do not wear your Tiara to go to the shops.

..............................................................................................

7.2 Full military uniforms and decorations are only to be worn on days of commemoration and by royal appointment.

.................................................................................................

13.3 Our old sun gods are held in high regard, you can recognise them by their bright red colour.

Might this be of help.
Thanks John.

Use factor 30, to assist with 13.3 problem.:D:D

Maybe theres more to this than meets the eye.. you know Ruperts are very Liberal when its there night off... maybe they have been watching you..LOL

hippy

Maybe theres more to this than meets the eye.. you know Ruperts are very Liberal when its there night off... maybe they have been watching you..LOL
Night off? Whats makes you think we get a night off.....

fbg

Security guards all over Phuket salute, not just at the shopping centre. The Hilton Arcadia resort at Karon beach always salute, so I salute back out of respect.
Nice to see smart clean pressed uniforms on the Thai guards who wear them with pride.

FBG

Top Bottom