Will sia let me get licence 3 assaults and 1 minor theft?

Haggis1991

Full Registered User
Hi there I was wondering if anyone would know if sia will give me badge if I have 3 assaults and 1 theft all from when I was 17 this was 8 years ago and I was just fined for them I've tried checking on there criminal record indicator thing but it just comes up with "these are juvenile convictions" it does not let me know if they will let me or not and its really stressing me out who thinks I can get a badge? No recorded for 8 years.. Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Haggis,

The Sia are law unto themselves
I'd say yes most likely, but it will cost you £225 to find out.

Regards

premier

They may well give you a license, whether they should or not is an entirely different matter

Yeah my charges sound horrible and I am embarrassed of them but I don't believe they are as bad as they sound first of all I was walking in town with my little sister at the time she was 14 years old and we walked past a pub with a heap of drunk football supporters they slapped her backside I attacked the guy then his mates attacked me hense the 3 assault charges.. For the theft me and my friends got invited to a night club after it had been closed by a staff member we all started drinking thinking nothing of it and his boss came in with the police and sacked him and got us all charged with theft for drinking his stock yes I know it's all still bad but there's a story behind every charge.

Haggis,

Given that we are all highly qualified security professionals, lots of of having known others and worked with them received and offered help from our peers, why would you think this isn't us helping you.
Pay your fee take your chance, if you get your license get a job and live the dream!
I take it you want to become a DS, if you get the coveted license....
If you do Phoenix need coat fillers as do ShowSec, start there.
But don't expect we should of greeted you differently, we all have to live with our choices and decisions both good and bad, what you mustn't do is cry out it when others judge those very choices you made!
We don't know you we know facts you are a proven thief and a violent man, other than that you should of pleaded your case to a judge/jury and had a better lawyer.

Regards

premier

Firstly, I don't think we can judge someone's character for one incident 8 years ago, especially as they were only 17 at the time.
Secondly, he hit someone who had just sexually assaulted his 14 year old sister. Would I rather work with him than the various people I've met in this industry who make jokes about raping women, ask for sexual favours in return for letting someone in free, or think it's right to eject a lass that slapped a bloke of groping her? Yes.

Thats one side of the story as you should know. Personally I have trust issues when it comes to my life. That's all he was caught for.

What badge are you wanting? CP or DS? Sorry for the unwelcome vibe but as you admit yourself it wasn't a good start, you might be the nicest guy in the world but I couldn't and wouldn't work with a volitile person, it's just another thing to worry about. You sound scary to me and that's coming from me, a Trump and Brexit supporter. Hopefully you find your place in life.

Good advice from Premier, if you get your badge go to Showsec and go from there.

Regards

Col.

Last edited:
Hi there everyone yeah I wasn't moaning I no I don't deserve a great welcome with my first ever post being that lol basically I've helped train dogs in obedience for years as its my mothers job and I enjoy i also train Muay Thai and go to competitions around the world for the past year I've thought about being a security dog handler as I know I'd enjoy it so yeah I need my sia badge and the gp level 2 dog handler course to get it started :)

Didn't think you were moaning, Muay Thai is irrelivant, I do a bad version of Karaoke. Now getting past your first few posts as a fellow dog lover I welcome you, still wouldn't work with you but there are dog handlers here, hope someone helps. Good luck buddy.

Regards

Col

Firstly, I don't think we can judge someone's character for one incident 8 years ago, especially as they were only 17 at the time.
Secondly, he hit someone who had just sexually assaulted his 14 year old sister. Would I rather work with him than the various people I've met in this industry who make jokes about raping women, ask for sexual favours in return for letting someone in free, or think it's right to eject a lass that slapped a bloke of groping her? Yes.

LW,

Sorry but I can judge anyone how I like, based upon the info I am given by the person in question, it's not hear say it's fact...
If the assault was as described he should of had a better lawyer, I would of done the same without taking a caution never mind a conviction!
The theft he is bang to rights, they were stealing someone's stock and that's not on.

Haggis,
Best of luck buddy, if it's dogs you are hoping to work and you want to work in Scotland I'll assume with Haggis as a user name, you may want to consider festival work if you have access to narcotic dogs or venue work if you have access to explosive trained dogs.
There is more call for that than there is for gp security dogs in my experience.

Regards

premier

Thanks yeah I would prefer work in Scotland and I am unsure what dog I would prefer to handle and they are all different courses but I didn't think you would get much work from drug or explosive dogs in the uk without being a police officer?

Kind regards

Haggis,

There is loads of private work for both drugs & explosive dogs, most large festivals using the drug dogs now and explosives dogs at the likes of hydro or SECC when there are exhibitions on.
They will most likely have a supplier but you can ask the supplier if you can work as a subcontractor

Regards

premier

LW,

Sorry but I can judge anyone how I like, based upon the info I am given by the person in question, it's not hear say it's fact...
If the assault was as described he should of had a better lawyer, I would of done the same without taking a caution never mind a conviction!
The theft he is bang to rights, they were stealing someone's stock and that's not on.

premier
It is very common for people to have a drink or two after closing when they work on the premises. It is usually OK'ed by someone in charge. Whether the person saying that it is OK has the authority to do that is another matter. At one festival (before it went live) I was doing night shift, it rained for the entire night. The person in charge of all security on the site was taking people one at a time to a tent where there was coffee facilities. I went and had a coffee when it was my turn. I wasn't told that the people who owned the tent and coffee had not authorised this. Technically it was theft, but I thought that if the supervisor was organising it, it was OK. Going back to the pubs and clubs, some allow a drink or two after closing as a perk of the job, it is sanctioned up whatever chain of command it needs. Others have a manager or senior barman that encourage it but the actual owners haven't sanctioned it. Often the staff aren't aware of that.

As for judging him. What I was getting at was that you shouldn't just write a person off because of a couple of incidents, especially not ones that far back and when they were young. It tells you a little bit about someone, but you have to be aware that it is only a little bit.

It is very common for people to have a drink or two after closing when they work on the premises. It is usually OK'ed by someone in charge. Whether the person saying that it is OK has the authority to do that is another matter. At one festival (before it went live) I was doing night shift, it rained for the entire night. The person in charge of all security on the site was taking people one at a time to a tent where there was coffee facilities. I went and had a coffee when it was my turn. I wasn't told that the people who owned the tent and coffee had not authorised this. Technically it was theft, but I thought that if the supervisor was organising it, it was OK. Going back to the pubs and clubs, some allow a drink or two after closing as a perk of the job, it is sanctioned up whatever chain of command it needs. Others have a manager or senior barman that encourage it but the actual owners haven't sanctioned it. Often the staff aren't aware of that.

As for judging him. What I was getting at was that you shouldn't just write a person off because of a couple of incidents, especially not ones that far back and when they were young. It tells you a little bit about someone, but you have to be aware that it is only a little bit.

LW,

I understand what you mean, the facts still remain the facts,
As for the scenarios you mention all of those constitute theft, if there was an argument to say it isn't or wasn't it would be made at court, you are either found guilty or not guilty.
I understand the rehabilitation of offenders act, understand good people to dumb things, that's why I have a brilliant legal team looking out for me, my companies and my staff.

That's why I I'm not here asking if I will get my licence, I got it back in 2000 and have never worried about losing it.

Regards

premier

Thanks yeah I would prefer work in Scotland and I am unsure what dog I would prefer to handle and they are all different courses but I didn't think you would get much work from drug or explosive dogs in the uk without being a police officer?

Kind regards

As well as festivals as mentioned above there will be sports venues which use private security dog handlers rather than police. Checking players bags before being sealed and transported. Pre and post game venue checks etc. In these cases it will be checking for explosives. Sometimes if certain forces have insufficient dog handlers they will outsource with security firms to assist with passive drug screening.

Best of luck.

I cannot believe some of the snowflake attitudes towards this. A conviction is a conviction and, apart from anything else, goes to character. I'm with premier on this. The SIA license is a joke, anyway. Any licensing scheme for a so called security industry that allows felons to get one isn't credible. Private security, because of its nature, needs to be held to a higher standard than law enforcement not a lower one. For example, how many police officers in their normal course of duty have access to large amounts of cash? Yet the SIA will give a cash in transit license to a convicted armed robber if he's clear for 5 years, WTF. They have also issued licences to convicted murderers. IT IS A JOKE

You'll be telling me next that a guy can wake up one morning and decide he's a woman........

Last edited:
Back