Work in America

mikey0899

Full Registered User
Hello to you all,

I am just going through the final part of my Perminent Visa (Green Card) for America and its been a long painfull 9 years!!

Does anybody know about any companys out there or ways of trying gain work in the states any help would be usefull, thanks.

mikey0899

I hope mine doesent take that long. I see the lawyer today. Just google security companies in the state your going to work in. Also look at the law enforcment web sites to see what you need license wise. Also Asiss give good advise.
Cheers
ACP

Check out, West coast protective services on the west coast, and on the east cost check out corporate resources group inc, they both do alot of work.

Mikey0899 in the states they are more concerned about the best person to do the job as a priority over anything else i.e. nationality, ex sf groups, military, police etc. I know many ex UK SF, police etc. who have and are doing very well in the states working for themselves and with other companies. The fact that you have jumped through the hoops for 9 years through the Green Card Process is certainly a bonus to you and a testament to your character. As alot of people try to back door their way in.

I don't believe that it matters what area of the states you move to as security will always be a priority in the states. Unfortunately I can't say the same in the UK about ex US personnel being able to find consistent work as we are told up front that your experience doesn't mean anything in the UK. If I had 50p for everytime I heard that one i would be a millionaire. If they do exist ex US personnel in the UK who are working I certainly have not met any. Thats not to say that they don't exist.

There are members on this board who are in the states that are British who could possibly provide some leads or at the very least some directions. I am certainly not speaking on their behalf. But, they have been very forthcoming working with me.

Best Wishes

Tapmaster

Hi Mikey0899,

on military. com I have spotted this article that might interest you:

5 Federal Careers Hiring at Record Pace

By Kyle Stone, Editor of GovCentral
blackpixel_1.gif

careers_content_searcharrow.gif
Search for hundreds of thousands of jobs now

Find employers that value military experience. Search now.More Resources
careers_dkgraysquare.gif
Transition Archive
careers_dkgraysquare.gif
Veteran Career Network
careers_dkgraysquare.gif
Job Hunting Tips
careers_dkgraysquare.gif
Salary Calculator
careers_dkgraysquare.gif
Famous Transitions
CAR_content_network.jpg

Veteran Career Network

Connect with over 200,000 veterans willing to help. Network now.

The government’s 2009 hiring needs have been reported: 193,000 mission-critical jobs need must be filled over the next two years. Based on a survey of 34 federal agencies (representative of nearly 99% of the federal workforce), we’ve gathered important information about five career paths that are projected to hire at record paces in 2009.

Inside each career profile you’ll find job descriptions, salary information, custom job board searches, and more:

Enforcement & Investigation: 37,515 New Hires
Medical & Public Health: 25,756 New Hires
Engineering & Sciences: 23,806 New Hires
Program Managers & Administrators: 17,373 New Hires
Accounting & Business: 12,959 New Hires

Additional Resources

5 Federal Careers Hiring at Record Pace - GovCentral.com

Good luck!!!

Max

Hi Mikey0899,

on military. com I have spotted this article that might interest you:

5 Federal Careers Hiring at Record Pace

By Kyle Stone, Editor of GovCentral
blackpixel_1.gif

The government’s 2009 hiring needs have been reported: 193,000 mission-critical jobs need must be filled over the next two years. Based on a survey of 34 federal agencies (representative of nearly 99% of the federal workforce), we’ve gathered important information about five career paths that are projected to hire at record paces in 2009.

Inside each career profile you’ll find job descriptions, salary information, custom job board searches, and more:

Enforcement & Investigation: 37,515 New Hires
Medical & Public Health: 25,756 New Hires
Engineering & Sciences: 23,806 New Hires
Program Managers & Administrators: 17,373 New Hires
Accounting & Business: 12,959 New Hires

Additional Resources

5 Federal Careers Hiring at Record Pace - GovCentral.com

Good luck!!!

Max

Yipee my lawyer has told me i could be waiting up to 14 months just to get residency. As i said before look at joining Asiss take their PPS then at least you have a qual that is recognized in the U.S (if you have not already got the required licenses for your chosen state) the can also help possibly with contacts. When I said check the stae info it was for licensing as you know the SIA is not reconized in the U.S and you have to be licensed I think. Also you probably will not get a CCW permit till your a citizen unless you working in special circumstances. I not a hundred percent on this but that is what people are telling me over here.
Cheers
ACP

Back