Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

working in Iraq/Afghanistan

Kurt

Longterm Registered User
Looks like this is a very close nit community to enter! Without friends and family in the bussiness there must be a way to get job offers? I dont want anything given to me on a silver spoon, just need to know where people have found successfull ways of networking. There isn't exactly a "jobs in CP abroard" website, or is there?

On a completley seperate point:- when working abroad what can I expect if the worst was to happen? repatuation, compassionate leave, medical cover, flights home? (obviously different bad things happening) :0

Thanks to all you guys helping us that are new to this line of work :)

Akita.
1. You get killed and your family get 0 compensation.
2. You don't get paid for your work.
3. You will be sent home within a week after you started.
4. You get sick and you don't have medical care.
5. You end up in Iraq or Ass-Stan prison.
6. You lose a limb and get 0 compensation.

Some of the worst things that can happen.
( I know several people who had the faith above )

cocko2967

Full Registered User
Bandit. I have recently left the british miltary and want to get in on CP, My only concern is which company to do the course with?

Any Tips please feel free to email me back
syco42@hotmail.com

Many Thanks
Coxy

scottymac

Longterm Registered User
A small tip Coxy,

Have an email address that is as professional looking as it can be, something like the following -

Your.name@yahoo/gmail/hotmail.com

You don't have to splash out for a full on domain, the free providers are fine, but yours has connotations that will not be appreciated by a HR Department.

Your name is probably Sy Cox, but your email looks like Psycho, and unless you are planning to teleport back to 2004/5/6 and get a job on top cover for Blackwater then people will frown rather than reply.

I'd suggest everyone has a think about what their email address is, which they use for communicating with companies, if you are -

Drunken.Merc@yahoo.com

Think again!!

Cheers.

frowy

Could do with some advise!!!!

Baghdad Bandit here guys/gals,

If i can give you any advice on CP then just ask. I'll give you the no bullshit CP perspective on life within the industry.
Hello Bandit. I have just finished my four years in the Army i however i have done 2 tours of afgan i have also compleated the pheonix cp course which is well known. However it feels like becuase i have only done four years in the Army and i am a private i aint getting anywhere when i send my cv off. Even tho i know blokes who are higher rank than me done 7 years or more they have done tours but stayed behind the wire of Bastion unlike me on the frontline but they seem to fit the criteria for what the jobs post ask for!!!!! Have u got any advise for me or know any companies?? Your advise would be loads of help. Many of thanks Daniel Frow.

ed

Forum Supporter
morning could you recommend any companys to try out there as i am new to the industry and not military and dont have he exeperience but i am more than willing to take a training course in it

sorry lads did not look at the dates to what i was replying fecking civvie see lol

cheers ed

Last edited:

James9

Longterm Registered User
Hello Bandit. I have just finished my four years in the Army i however i have done 2 tours of afgan i have also compleated the pheonix cp course which is well known. However it feels like becuase i have only done four years in the Army and i am a private i aint getting anywhere when i send my cv off. Even tho i know blokes who are higher rank than me done 7 years or more they have done tours but stayed behind the wire of Bastion unlike me on the frontline but they seem to fit the criteria for what the jobs post ask for!!!!! Have u got any advise for me or know any companies?? Your advise would be loads of help. Many of thanks Daniel Frow.
My advice, walk back down to the AFCO and try to get back in the Army.

Search this forum and it will give an open and honest view on the state of play with the HECPO world.

Sorry to say it but the Afghan card is not enough anymore, everyone has done it.

Be lucky,

andymeadows

Full Registered User
hi mate just recently completed a level 4 in covert serveilance and protective security got the quals just looking for work, do u no any one who could be employing, thanks

dodger

Super Moderator
Look at the date of the posts. Try starting a thread asking the same question, maybe in the SV forum if that's what you are after.

Doc83600

Full Registered User
Hey folks,
am a newbie too and wondering how to kick off a career in this CPO hostile business. On this site that feels like a maze it is hard to find clear and precise info. Is it due to the lack of work in this industry, or because it is a closed world where everyone tries to protect their little assets?
Cheers and best regards.

Carl Dowd

Hey folks,
am a newbie too and wondering how to kick off a career in this CPO hostile business. On this site that feels like a maze it is hard to find clear and precise info. Is it due to the lack of work in this industry, or because it is a closed world where everyone tries to protect their little assets?
Cheers and best regards.
Welcome matey... Not sure what the innuendo is here within your content..? But hey! I embrace freedom of speech and enjoy the occasional discussion and debate. I of course refer to one 'protecting their little assets'? but if I may be a little forward and somewhat observant regarding industry and especially the Defence and Security industry which I have spent the last 40 years serving? Wo/Man by his/her nature is going to deploy a little protectionism to protect their interests! or as you put it? 'Assets'. It is something that you may have to get used to in this industry or many others come to that. I operate in several industries including, Production, Training and Service Supply. You'll get used to it I'm sure and in time you may even work out how to penetrate different levels of 'Protectionism'...

Let me know how you get on...

CD
Avid supporter of protectionism... [Close or otherwise :) ]

RIFLES1

Longterm Registered User
The fact is the private security industry is a racket (the training company side). All these companies telling Iraq and Afghan vets what they want to hear to get your money. It's who you know and who you're connected to.
Of course, you've paid thousands to get for a course and that bullshit SIA licence to be told that you don't fit the mold even though you probably meet the criteria.
I'm an advocate to stop this happening to guys who get ****ed on after everything they've done with a kick in the teeth to show for it.
Notice how you've got to be licensed and and have HEPCO before they even consider?
If you're an experienced vet with everything they need then why can't they offer you employment after successful completion of their Course?
Cos' they want want 100 blokes to do their suite of security courses for half a dozen or so positions that's why!
My message- they can guarantee first, **** you around second, not the other way around.
If not, then you have your answer.

Top Bottom