Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Worn tyres notice

bill1188

Longterm Registered User
How do all.hope everyone is well this bank holiday weekend.

I was just pulled over by the police for going abit over the speed limit and it was noted that my two front tyres were worn well below minimum 1.6mm tread.

I was told because there were two tyres involved I would have to go to magistrates court about it all.

In conversation it came up I am a doorman and CPO, but that's besides the point.

A tyre inspector turned up and said if I changed the front left tyre and got the other sorted ASAP I could drive off. Which is exactly what I did. I also went straight to the local garage and had to pay a fortune for new tyres.

What's confusing me at this moment in time us that at no point was I handed any official paperwork of chits in relation to this.

Can anybody explain to me the process and what I can expect to happen?

Stay safe.

Bill

Cbev

Longterm Registered User
So plod didnt hand you any paperwork, make you sign anything or did the Officer say anything like You will be reported for consideration of the question of prosecuting you for this offence."
If not then sounds like you have got away with it.

Global-Arena

Full Registered User
I was under the impression that any stop that plod make they have to fill out a coded chit and give you a copy. Regardless if they issue a producer, fine, arrest, caution or just let you off with a verbal, as it covers them and you if there is any come back or complaints. Looks like they have failed in their basic duties!

Oddjob

Be careful what you wish for.
Maybe just this once they've let you off lightly, count your lucky stars.

bill1188

Longterm Registered User
I have no idea CM...I'm from Cumbria, things are simpler up there. Aye, I had to sign something after answering some questions.

Well.....I've truely learned my lesson today....get rid of the white van, instantly suspicious....

Thanks for the input everyone.

Bill

Oddjob

Worked with a guy from Cumbria once, Brough in Cumbria.
He seemed somewhat detached from reality !!
Asked what Brough was like, he said; ''There's nowt ta do tup there, bar sit in field and count sheep''

That's not you is it tarquin ?, running under the name of Bill188

bill1188

Longterm Registered User
Worked with a guy from Cumbria once, Brough in Cumbria.
He seemed somewhat detached from reality !!
Asked what Brough was like, he said; ''There's nowt ta do tup there, bar sit in field and count sheep''

That's not you is it tarquin ?, running under the name of Bill188
The idea that a Cumbrian has a name like Tarquin astounds me, it really does.
Aye, were detached from reality cos most of us can still drive a horse n cart.

Top Bottom