Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EmmaRoyds

acceptable form of mass transit? The government want's us to use it because it's more enviromentaly friendly.

But actually using it must be the most unfriendly experience anyone ever has to endure.

So would security guards on public transport make it a more viable and acceptable form of mass transit?
uk transport is the system in question

Emma, where I live security has nothing to do with low ridership. In Boston, where I used to live, the subway system didn't have security guards and had consistently high ridership.

To me, it seems like the trick is to make it easier than driving in and parking. Route management and schedules that work make a huge difference. So does the amount of traffic, the cost and availability of parking, and the cost of a bus or subway ticket. Safety matters, of course, but I've never had a security issue on public transportation.

It's not an easy fix.

RocketDodger

Longterm Registered User
Emma,

If your thinking along the lines of late night buses then certainly. The tube (London) seems pretty well wrapped up now with armed plod, but late night bus travel seems to be the quickest way to enter hell in the UK at the mo, full of drunks and general a$$holes

Top Bottom