X screen training and new duties

irishdoorsupervisor

Longterm Registered User
Anyone else notice some problems with the X screen program?

for instance stuff that is not or is usually contraband or forbidden showing up one or the other?
_____

We have recently went in house at our airport and since then we have been giving extra duties like ramp, cleaning our own area and now as of yesterday filling coffee machines in our business suite!

How would some of you other agents at other airports find this?

IDS

RomeoAlpha

Longterm Registered User
IDS,

Its not a problem with the program, its put in to test your observations skills and your retention of knowledge...

With the ramp, are you guarding the aircraft and doing security patrols or doing push-backs, etc?

Cleaning your own mess area isn't really an issue, thats par of the course, i think!

Filling the coffee machines in the business suite? I guess personally its as ludicrus as searching the police but you just crack-on a do it.... You'll probably find it cheaper that getting an outside source to fill them, lol...

Just my thoughts,

RA

irishdoorsupervisor

Longterm Registered User
IDS,

Its not a problem with the program, its put in to test your observations skills and your retention of knowledge...

With the ramp, are you guarding the aircraft and doing security patrols or doing push-backs, etc?

Cleaning your own mess area isn't really an issue, thats par of the course, i think!

Filling the coffee machines in the business suite? I guess personally its as ludicrus as searching the police but you just crack-on a do it.... You'll probably find it cheaper that getting an outside source to fill them, lol...

Just my thoughts,

RA

I think our wires are crossed I know what the program is for and my observation skills are good thanks very much lol I was pointing out that the program has things different to how we operate

The ramp i should have been more clear no push back "as yet" just level crossing and PRM, however a few of the other staff are "multi tasking" doing both jobs but of course not at the same time but if they could have us doing that they would lol

mts

I think our wires are crossed I know what the program is for and my observation skills are good thanks very much lol I was pointing out that the program has things different to how we operate

The ramp i should have been more clear no push back "as yet" just level crossing and PRM, however a few of the other staff are "multi tasking" doing both jobs but of course not at the same time but if they could have us doing that they would lol

Doing two jobs is better than doing none. ;-)