HEM's course

stuwolv

Full Registered User
Hi Lads and Lasses
Just wanted to tell CP World members what a great course the HEM's course with The Medical Wing is. The instructors ( Chef, Martyn, Banjo and Tak) are all first rate and very experienced. They all have first hand knowledge and experience on the subject, not like some instructors who read through a book then teach you what theyve just read. The facilities are second to none with a large airfied which boasts a Ship, Oil Rig, Blown Up Building, Road Traffic Collision section and lots more for scenario based excercises. The food was good and the accomodation wouldnt be out of place in 4 star hotel. They made you feel at ease and chefs humorous stories from his years as a Paramedic made it even more enjoyable. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to enhance there Medical qualifications. Thank you to the team at The Medical Wing.

Stuwolv

The HEM'S course is a FPOS-I with extended skills that include ,IV Cannulation, Intra Osseous Access, Laryngeal Mask Airways,Needle Chest Compression, Injections,Needle Cricothyroidotomy to name but a few. The extended skills can only be practised in a hostile environment where there is no immediate hospital care. One of the reasons i did the course was i had heard some good feedback about the course and some places charge around £500-600 for the course and thats before VAT is added, accomodation and food. The other thing with the course was its location, you could do different scenarios on a Ship, a building partially destroyed by an IED, a road collision section, all the places a CPO/PSD Operator may be required to give life saving treatment and extraction. I would reccomend it to anyone, the instructors have real life experience wether its working with the Ambulance service in London or on assignments abroad. Don't take my word for it, get in touch with Chef at The Medical Wing.

hello stuwolv
i was looking into doin a HEMs course with the medical wing myself. ive just recieved an email from them stateing that they encorperate the hems in their close protection course as standard £2480. it is my aim nxt year to get the SIA cp license anyway so this could be benifical to me but i cant seem to find any info about it on there website. do you by any chance know anything about it ?
ps i will be phoneing them referance the course, just wanted other peoples perspective.

many thanks !

Last edited:
Hello Pompeylee
We are pleased to announce that The Protection Wing Ltd will be running SIA approved CP courses at the Fire Service College in Moreton-in-Marsh in Gloucestershire. We at The Medical Wing Ltd will continue to do what we do best and stick with emergency medicine.
The Protection Wing Ltd have identified that the bare minimum FAAW certificate or a plain FPOS-I is not enough. The top companys out there in both close protection and maritime are now demanding their empoyees have suitable medical qualifications. As a result of this they have asked us to teach the HHEMs course (whichis an FPOS-I but includes much more) on all of next years courses. We have also found that our HHEMs course or Ship Borne Medics course are very popular as the vast majority of students who have passed them have found employment. If i can be of any further help then please feel free to call us or contact us at anytime info@the-medical-wing.com
Medical Wing Consultants provide industry, leading medical training, | The Medical Wing thanks Chef

Back