Military Service (NATO) to MSO / PMC Pathway ,Realistic Advice Needed

MAPeusz

New Member
Hi everyone,
I am currently preparing for 1 year of voluntary military service in the Polish Armed Forces (NATO) as my foundation for entering the private security industry. My immediate goal is Maritime Security (MSO), with a long-term focus on PSD/PMC contracts.
While preparing my fitness and English, I am mapping out my training route (STCW, ENG1, ESA courses). I’d appreciate some straightforward feedback from active operators and recruiters on a few points:
Military Background: Is 1 year of regular combat/infantry service sufficient to meet entry requirements for entry-level MSO roles with major companies (e.g., Ambrey, EOS)?
Essential Certs: Aside from STCW, ENG1, and military service, which initial courses are absolute "must-haves" versus nice-to-haves?
Agencies: Are there specific PMSCs currently actively recruiting EU/NATO passport holders with this profile?
Thanks in advance for any insights!
 
Back
Top