MIRA or ATOM

gersman7705

Full Registered User
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before on this form, I can't find it so if it has sorry to bore you with it again.

I was looking at the MIRA course but have come across the Approved Tier 1 Operational Medic (ATOM) course that is certified by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh).

Has anyone any information and opinions on this course?

Anything you can tell me about course would be much appreciated before I spend so of my hard earned cash.

Scottie

Id say the MIRA course is more recognised at this moment in time.
The ATOM one looks like a cash cow from G4S, im pretty sure in the near future they will make people do it as a pre requisit for gaining employment, just for the sake of making extra money.

The MIRA course is also certified buy the faculty and the royal college and has been about while adjusting is course to keep current with the new threats.
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before on this form, I can't find it so if it has sorry to bore you with it again.

I was looking at the MIRA course but have come across the Approved Tier 1 Operational Medic (ATOM) course that is certified by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care, Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh).

Has anyone any information and opinions on this course?

Anything you can tell me about course would be much appreciated before I spend so of my hard earned cash.

Scottie

ATOM is the G4S course which is the equivalent of MIRA. ATOM is our course, MIRA is Exmed. We will look for individuals who fit criteria for some of our appointments based on qualifications. The course has just been approved so will take time to get known. It is cheaper than MIRA.

If you want to work with G4S - do the ATOM. If you want to work with anyone else do the MIRA as its the most commonly asked for qualification.

I agree with Phoenix Close Protection. The ATOM course need time to be recognized. The syllabus is very good and the instructors better. I did the phoenix CP course and the instructors of the FPOS-I are the best.

right gents , to put my tiny mind at rest.... What skills do you learn on either ATOM or MIRA , and what are you legally allowed to practice. The reason I ask is as a medic I get asked sometimes daily on what course to do and to be honest after reading the script on each I haven't got a clue. So what topics are of use and what can you be expected to use out there from under the umbrella provided in the UK.

echoalfa1,

Exmed's MIRA recovers BLS as we require students to hold FPOS-I or equivalent prior to attending the MIRA (therefore already posessing knowledge of BLS). It is reviseted during the week to confirm and advance knowledge and understanding. I am not going to get into the debate of MIRA vs ATOM and can only reitterate what Pheonix CP Training have said (how are you guys!), it comes down to personal choice. Individuals will always say the course they have done is the better and why wouldn't they?! In my opinion, the only true person that can give an objective opinion on any course (medical or otherwise) is the person that has done them all.

Best wishes

As I said, we revisit BLS and take the students knowledge further regarding BLS. BLS is in the FPOS-I syllabus therefore all students should hold this qualification or equivalent prior to participating in Exmed's MIRA course. Scenarios are ran covering BLS to ensure students have the underlying knowledge.
Am not sure what you mean in your comment regarding 'claiming'!

ATOM or MIRA? Probably the same course with a different name. I dont know as I havent done the ATOM. All I can say from purely a personal basis and for what its worth I did MIRA recently & I've no doubt thats whats just got me a job.

Back