Offered position in Europe, but sent Iraq Visa application?

RoninSecurity

Full Registered User
Hi All,

I'd really appreciate your advice, either on this post or via PM, on this issue:

I've been offered a contingent [upon successful credential, criminal and credit checks] one-year duration job offer with a firm advertising the need for medics in Central Europe.

Oddly, among the documents I've received to fill out are a visa application for Iraq and a [therefore understandable] declaration of not possessing in one's passport an entry stamp into Israel.

However, the European country in particular provides 90-day visas on arrival with a simple extension once in country.

And, obviously enough, Iraq is not in Europe...

I don't wish to libel the firm, and I have not yet responded with my concerns about this issue since I have heard of similar "bait and switch" methods by which medics have been sent to country X [e.g. Iraq] having signed a contract with no provisions for overtime, post differential, danger pay, etc., instead of being sent to the expressed country Y. Given the fact that the firm also requires a Non-Disclosure Agreement, some who have fallen prey might not even have felt able to warn others.

How might they do this? Re "Geographic Location of Employment" in the contract, they write "Employee can expect to be sent anywhere in any region of XXXXXX and other such places as required.

Have you experienced this? Heard rumours? Are the same bells going off in your head upon reading this or am I overly cautious?

Any input, again to this post of via PM, is greatly appreciated.

Stay safe,
Best regards.
Ronin

Back