lulu

Full Registered User
Is there anyone with information about close protection jobs. I posted one question before, and got feed back of how unpresant the job is, please send only relevant information not the risky aspect of the job as am very aware about that....Thanks for any info...

ALS anyone heard of it?

Hi, i just wanted to ask has anyone trained with ALS or heard about them. And if you have do you know if its a top knotch outfit and is their training any good. Right now i'm wrapping up my Commercial Pilots license course and i'm looking for a great school to do a PSD and EP course..... Thanks for your time gents.

Have never heard of ALS, they do not appear to be on the SIA approved CP training course list Training Providers - Security Industry Authority

If you do a CP course that is not SIA accredited, you are not just exiling yourself from UK work but also from big PMCs like Armor and CRG. Sure there are guys in Hostile environments with no formal CP quals but they have been doing the job for years now.

I am surprised to see someone praising Katana, have heard that their SIA exam pass rate was very low... the sceptic in me suspects that maybe the post isnt all it appears.

If you are going to do a CP course, do Ronin SA. It is widely acknowledged as the best on the market, Im not sure that Phoenix are still training.

Research very carefully before committing to a course, if you are not ex military, forget working in Iraq/Afghan... you will not get a look in.

Hi, everyone.
Doing cp training in UK it's better to book the course with such big companies like Armorgroup or CRG wich costs about £3300-3500 with first aid included. But if you're ok to pay Ronin £4600 , book it - do it, I think its one of the best( sia acknowledged ,by the way ). Just have a look at their program Ronin Protective and Paramedical Services .
But :)))) even the best courses cannot guarantee you a job :)))).

hi i did my course with professionalbodyguardassociation.co.uk (PBA) in 2006 21 day bg/sur the course was very good .but at that time the first aid had to be sourced your self if you are aware you need both to forfill the 150 hours of training required for your sia license.the training body has changed since then i dont know if there is anyone on the forum that has used this training provider since then might be worth asking,anyway hope this helps, take alook at there website.regards mark

Back