Recognition of prior learning...

apc9000

Full Registered User
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone can help with the above.

Currently qualified for "paramedic" through AREMT and have been working for the last 2 years. I would like to do some medic work in the UK while i'm on downtime and have approached HCPC for RPL.

Pretty sure I won't get it (for paramedic anyway) but has anyone had any experience of this?

Anyone know if they won't grant you paramedic will they look at the next job level down, ie won't qualify as paramedic through RPL but will qualify as EMT-A.

I really don't want to have to pay to do another course thats gonna cost me a shed load of money just to ease my boredom when I'm at home!!

I have emailed HCPC already asking the same but not heard from them yet.

Cheers.

The HCPC will not grant you Paramedic registration based on your AREMT. They are only responsible for registering a number of protected titles, Paramedic being one of them. They have no interest or authority over non registered alternatives such as Tech, EMT, ECA or whatever, and are therefore not in a position to grant you a lesser qualification.

If you're working for the Irish ambo service, you need to hold the AP qual. That will or at least should enable a reasonable chance of registration with the HCPC.

The HCPC will not grant you Paramedic registration based on your AREMT. They are only responsible for registering a number of protected titles, Paramedic being one of them. They have no interest or authority over non registered alternatives such as Tech, EMT, ECA or whatever, and are therefore not in a position to grant you a lesser qualification.

If you're working for the Irish ambo service, you need to hold the AP qual. That will or at least should enable a reasonable chance of registration with the HCPC.

Apologies for the dealy in saying thanks for the reply, away working and no internet!!

Looks like its another course then......

Back