Will I be able to get the SIA licence from Ronin South Africa if I'm an American

Brett11L7

I'm just wondering if I go to Ronin South Africa will I be able to get the SIA license offered for South Africa the UK and other European countries. I'm looking to be able to work everywhere. I'm just trying to evaluate what kind of certifications I can get from their training.

Hi Brett

You will get the Certification of the Qualifications that you need from Ronin. Not the licences. Be sure to be specific with them on which countries you wish to obtain licences from.

You will have to apply to the individual countries for your licences. Some will look for a "right to work" in the country. It would be a good idea to check your work visa situation for the countries you wish to work in, even if you don't need one to get a licence it would be a waste to obtain the licence and then be excluded.

Licensing aside I have had to withdraw personnel from a team because they could not get a US visa. Frustrating if you have an established team and the kind of disappointment in an operative that takes a while to get over.

I'm looking to be able to work everywhere..
I like your thinking but you've a much bigger problem than the licences.
I have a UK SIA and work in the UK, if I wanted to go work in Germany I'd have a lot of hoops to jump through in order to be allowed to work there, but even if I pull it off nobody will employ me over there as I don't speak German.
If I need an extra guy on a team I hire someone local as they have local knowledge that can help me deliver a smooth protection experience to the Principal, so as an outsider I wouldn't even have that to offer.

The market is flooded (I'm sure you'll read that lots on here) with lots of qualified locals with local knowledge, experience working in that country, knowledge of the local customs and laws, experience of local crime and threats and they can't get work, so I wouldn't waste you time and money sorting out the ability to 'work everywhere' because it's never going to happen anyway.

Evaluate your skill set against the market, work out where you're likely to get work, and concentrate on there.

Bett11L7,

You should really take a more in-depth look around the Ronin(SA) website, it states what you'll learn and gain from the courses and what is required ect.

Back