A couple of stupid questions about radios;

I'm on the phone so can't copy a link but go to Google and look up 'free UK uhf' you should get the freqs. Other than that take customloads on his offer.

Your radio questions answered

Hi Lek

I'm Andy Clark, MD of G6 Global, Two Way Digital Radios from G6 Global. I can answer all of these questions for you, and solve all of the issues you have previously had with other radio companies. However, if I go into detail on this forum, the moderators are likely to accuse me of "stealth advertising", as they have previously. So feel free to reach out to me privately either on 07768 501775 or by email andrew@g6-global.com and all of your problems will be solved.

Regards

Andy

Hi guys,
But of an awkward question (well, actually, a series of questions!) hoping that I can rely on your wisdom, knowledge and experience to help me out yet again!

I'm seriously considering buying a set of radios myself, as I've been messed around by hire companies before (either not delivering on time, charging extras, or not sending the right types/numbers), as well as venues themselves (either don't have any and said they did; batteries always dying because they're never charged, or just broken).

I was only planning on using them at one site I work at regularly for events (the company can't provide any and the venue refuses to pay for them because they're "not essential"), or for any work that I get offered personally, not through any of my companies. I've worked with a few different makes and models over the years, and I was going to go with a dual-pin motorola (the cp040), as it's the one I've encountered most frequently and seems the most reliable.

Here comes my series of questions;
•Legally, when I purchase them, is there anything that I have to do? Ie; with regards to a broadcast license?
I should point out that I'm not exactly flush with cash at the moment, and am currently looking at sourcing some preowned ones that are surplus to requirements by other users (I know how much they're worth individually brand new).
I realise that I will need to test them, by charging them, going through channels, testing whether they transmit and receive, as well as extension ports. As it may have to source from different sources, here come the noob-y questions;
• How easy is it to reprogram a batch of radios to use one freq?
• Can I use different types (ie 4 channel and 16 channels, VHF & UHF) in the same network?
• Can a radio be swapped between VHF and UHF just by changing the programmed freq. and the antenna?

I should point out that, at this moment in time, I personally only require them for 2 weeks, and would then, in all likelyhood, be looking to sell them on (don't get me wrong; I may keep them as a backup to working at other sites where comms are non-existent, but my financial needs may prevent this)

Can anyone help me out please?

Many thanks,
LEK

Back