N/A

Full Registered User
I've decided to finally 'take the plunge' and have got out of my current proffesion to take up a career within the CPO industry. The course is booked and luckly, I have an inside source to get work once my course is completed. My main question is what is the normal waiting period between completing the course and receiving the SIA license? are we talking days, weeks or months?

I understand the market is flush with CPO's and the like at the moment, but I have so many questions!! Are ex-military/ex-police more likely to pick up contracts over the civilian element? Any hints or adivce from current/experienced CPO's in preperation? Do clients pick experience over anything else? Would it be more prudent to take as many courses as possible from the start to make oneself more marketable?

If you think i'm here to take 'all the best bits' I do not mean for it to sound that way....it's just i'm throwing myself into this and if you're gonna do something, you've got to hit it hard right?

Cheers

N/A

Well i've found out it normally takes 4-6 weeks for the license to come through...so not too bad considering!

Look forward to being part of the community here...

SIA time frame

Hello there buddy!!

and welcome on board and to the CloseProtectionWorld.com forum!

Good news about your SIA licence!

Theres a section on CP companies in the forums, theres shit loads of them!

Get a good CV and get amongst it! you'll be fine.

Just be aware buddy that there is a lot of competition out there!

Just be aware buddy that there is a lot of competition out there!

Hell yeah, the more and more I research into it the more i've realised!!

Well no-one said it would be easy.....

Cheers

I stated my SIA application in Jan this year and it did not arrive until May. There had been a large backlog in applications which obviously takes time to process.

If you are doing a self contained course where your qual is recognised then they may actually go threw and submit your application too. One word of warning they send it back if there are any minor errors or if you do not fill in the form exactley how they say. This obviously slows your process down... alot of the time is taken with the police check that the SIA carry out.

With regards to your CV I found that companies would not even look at you unless you had your card in your hand. SIA Qual pending just didnt wash !

Good luck and if you need any more hints and tips just ask.

Many thanks for the advice....5 months though!! d@mn!

I will make sure to take my time and fill it out correctly....I don't fancy paying the admin charge more than once much either :mad:

Back