Looking for advise on job change

Costa.Steven

Full Registered User
Guy's I'm looking at retraining as a medic and was wondering where would it be a good place to start and what should i aim to get to in terms of quals and courses so that i can look at getting employment in a medic role. I have already completed and FPOS I and would really like your advise.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Steve, go to college and study as a Paramedic. Whether thats through the route of EMT-B upto EMT-P or in the UK, it'll take many years to become 'employable'. FPOS is a 'First aider' only.

Mnay are thinking 'Medic' is the new way to go. The Medical market is flooded as well with highly qualified people.

There's no easy way, there shouldn't be.....

I'm 29 now and thinking about trying to change my career in the future not in the next few months. I just wanted some advise on what what courses i could do now while still earning a pretty good wage while deploying. I realise that the FPOS-I is just a basic first aiders courses and that's why I am asking for advise. Thanks for the reply either way.

If you're wanting to stay out of the UK work wise, I'd look initially at an EMT-B course. Either SOS, RMI or PPA for example. The proper EMT course that takes more than 5 days ie: distance learning, classroom and actual clinical time.

This foundation will then give you a clear idea in which direction you then want to go.

Last edited:
What about a 7-8 week IHCD tech course, you can supliment that with a 3 week driving course and the i could get on the road with the many private ambulance services to do my mandatory 750 clinical hours.

This is the advice is was given from someone else and wanted to think what you guys thought.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

Back