People can be fat yet fit, research suggests

Your clothes feeling tight and you need to loosen your belt?...hey guess what....you've put on weight!!!

it doesn't get much simpler than this..."calories IN versa's calories OUT"...

but going back to the point of the thread, yes, some bigger (fatter) people can be fitter than they look for their size, BUT 98% morbidly obese people are not and never will be fit.

Hi lw great post. I also have the same problem in regards to my age and actual fitness level. I am 38 5ft 10" 80kg and have a resting pulse at inbetween 44 to 52 dependent on the time of day....
And working in Sv I do spend a lot of time static in the car wishing the hours away so I can do some fitness, but due to most days been very long I end up missing out... Very frustrating

Hi lw great post. I also have the same problem in regards to my age and actual fitness level. I am 38 5ft 10" 80kg and have a resting pulse at inbetween 44 to 52 dependent on the time of day....
And working in Sv I do spend a lot of time static in the car wishing the hours away so I can do some fitness, but due to most days been very long I end up missing out... Very frustrating

I'm not trying to appear a know all or fitness guru here, but I train for around twenty minutes, including warm up, every three days. And if I'm away, or occupied, there may be more of a gap between sessions. Reading your resting pulse, I would suggest that you might not need the marathon runs or gym sessions which some do and could get away with doing some sprint/fartlek/Tabata style sessions.

I know what its like to be stationary in a van or car for many hours at a time and I realise that getting out on the hills for a long run is great mentally, as well as physically. But hitting the gym and working hard for a short period (because you can't do a long session due to being f***ed by the sprints) is equally rewarding.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Back