Reg Park Work Out Not For The Heavy Juice Users Thats a whole another topic

tapmaster

Longterm Registered User
Personally I always wanted to develop a physique like Reg Park. To me he had the body to aspire to and not the mass monsters of today. Not the guy who is out of proportions and looks like a freak. Arnold actually stole all of the information from Reg Park as when Arnold trained with Reg Park it was the Park program they used and not the Arnold. It must have worked as Arnold won7 or 8 Mr Olympia's.

Ignore Mr Buchanon who is originally from East London now via Australia way. He is the first one on the page. Without great genetics no one look like that.

T NATION | Reg Park's 5x5 Program

Another variation. Reg Park was before the days of steroids, growth hormones, IGF1LR, Insulin etc etc People taking Insulin and they don't have diabetes. Yet!!! Insulin can actually kill you if your not careful

Workout A

Back Squats 5×5
Chin-Ups or Pull-Ups 5×5
Dips or Bench Press 5×5
Wrist Work 2×10
Calves 2×15-20

Workout B

Front Squats 5×5
Rows 5×5
Standing Press 5×5
Deadlifts 3×5 (2 warm-up sets and 1 “stabilizer setâ€)
Wrist Work 2×10
Calves 2×15-20

Good Luck With It

Tapmaster

Blimey REG PARK.
There's a blast from the past.
You'll be advising us to watch old Steve Reeves films next.

Don't know if anyone has seen photos reg and arnie standing together side by side but back in the day when Roids were the new wonder drug im thinking Reg did eventually turn.

Reg seems to of had loads of variations to his programs i saw one that included bench, squat, front squat, deadlift pretty much all the compound lifts in one workout for every workout!

I don't think that Reg ever ventured into the roids game. Reg had a physique that didn't change to the degree Arnold's did. Arnold was the beginning of the steroids race to get bigger. Look at today's mass monsters who weigh 21 stones 6 and have zero body fat. Reg still had a bit of fat on him and he doesn't look like he is zero body fat alas Arnold and those guys. The Arnold Bodybuilding Book should be called Weight Training According To Reg Park.

Tapmaster

Back