Covert Munkey

Administrator
Cruise Ship Security Officer

Job Description:
The Security Officer’s primary responsibility is to assist the Staff Captain by managing the security needs of the ship, crew, and passengers. He/she will organise and implement cost-effective security and theft prevention plans; regularly evaluate these and other security programs, and report their status via the Staff Captain to shore based management.

Duties onboard ship will include:-

•Training, managing and evaluating the ships security staff.
Overall supervision of gangway security and management of access control.
•Liaison with shore side officials that have a bearing on ship, crew, or passenger security.
•Familiarity with, drugs, explosives, firearms and other contraband as may be expected to be encountered due to a ship's itinerary and advising the Staff Captain when necessary in conducting narcotics and contraband searches.
•Assisting the Staff Captain by personally taking charge of any serious incidents which may arise including preservation of evidence for further investigation to the standard of PACE.
•Investigating incidents of theft, whether by passenger or crew and assisting the Staff Captain in maintaining proper standards of behaviour onboard ship.
•Providing training to the crew on security matters.
•Responsibility for the storage/control and operation of all shipboard security equipment.

Salary $3500 - $5000 pcm

email CV to ralphbladen@securewest.com

View attachment 26

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosie your a star

Rosie your a star!

This is exactly what this forum is all about! Helping each other out!

I'm ex RMP/CP as well.

Spread the word!

My pleasure - just to be clear before any misconceptions I am ex-RMP but not RMP CP (tried but lost the battle of injury and admire all those who made it) - CP training came via a CP course after leaving RMP.

Dear All

I am a training provider and placement agent for the security sector of the Cruise Industry, the courses that I am responsible for provide the candidate with the relevent maritime specific qualifications to enable the candidate to secure employment within the cruise industry as a Ships Security Officer. Once a candidate has sucessfully secured the required qualifications, I will act on their behalf as an agent to secure employment.

Best regards

Ralph Bladen

Cruise Ship Security Officer

Job Description:
The Security Officer’s primary responsibility is to assist the Staff Captain by managing the security needs of the ship, crew, and passengers. He/she will organise and implement cost-effective security and theft prevention plans; regularly evaluate these and other security programs, and report their status via the Staff Captain to shore based management.

Duties onboard ship will include:-

•Training, managing and evaluating the ships security staff.
Overall supervision of gangway security and management of access control.
•Liaison with shore side officials that have a bearing on ship, crew, or passenger security.
•Familiarity with, drugs, explosives, firearms and other contraband as may be expected to be encountered due to a ship's itinerary and advising the Staff Captain when necessary in conducting narcotics and contraband searches.
•Assisting the Staff Captain by personally taking charge of any serious incidents which may arise including preservation of evidence for further investigation to the standard of PACE.
•Investigating incidents of theft, whether by passenger or crew and assisting the Staff Captain in maintaining proper standards of behaviour onboard ship.
•Providing training to the crew on security matters.
•Responsibility for the storage/control and operation of all shipboard security equipment.

Salary $3500 - $5000 pcm

email CV to ralphbladen@securewest.com

Dear All

I am a training provider and placement agent for the security sector of the Cruise Industry, the courses that I am responsible for provide the candidate with the relevent maritime specific qualifications to enable the candidate to secure employment within the cruise industry as a Ships Security Officer. Once a candidate has sucessfully secured the required qualifications, I will act on their behalf as an agent to secure employment.

Best regards

Ralph Bladen

Ralph

Please create a new post in the security forum.

Tell us full details of your company, what training you offer and what else you do!

Mally

Back