Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Covert Munkey

Administrator
Surveillance Motorcyclists X 3
SOCA Grade 5
Salary: £23,586 to £31,447 (plus £3,100 London Weighting)

Opportunities have arisen for surveillance motorcyclists within the London area. Your main role will be to conduct proactive investigations and covert surveillance into complex, national and internal, serious and organised crime.

You will be an advanced motorcyclist and driver with proven investigative experience including case preparation, interview techniques, exhibits handling, knowledge and understanding of the criminal procedures investigation act. You will be required to undertake the SOCA Investigators Course.

As part of our standard recruitment procedure, candidates will be required to successfully complete medical, reference and security checks.

Role Profile [.pdf, 68KB]

To apply: Please complete the SOCA Application form – and return to the Central Recruitment Unit, PO Box 58352, London, NW1W 9JT by no later than Midday on Tuesday 23rd October 2007. If you have any queries please contact the Central Recruitment Unit on 0117 372 0000.

Application form and guidance notes
To apply for a vacancy, download the Application Form [.doc, 776 KB] and Job Description/Role Profile.
Please read the Application Form Guidance Notes [.pdf, 155 KB] before completing your application.

SOCA is totally committed to the principles of equality and diversity and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made on merit and flexible working options will be considered.

SOCA | Enforcement

View attachment 47

mally1

Administrator
This is the first time I've seen SOCA advertise posts direct to the public.

Most of the investigator jobs were taken by Dectective Constables from various forces.

tynek@aol.com

Full Registered User
Found this and thought i'd post it

Immigration Officers/Border Control - Heathrow
London Greater London
Salary: £20,864 + £1,240
IF ONLY IT WAS THIS EASY. Immigration Officers/Border Control - Heathrow £20,864 + £1,240 London Location Allowance + 16.5% Shift Disturbance Allowance (SDA) + £375 holiday pay (after training period) + weekend and bank holiday working attracts a premium. Of course, it never is. Deciding just who is eligible to enter the country and who poses a potential threat takes skill. Not least, because it involves minimizing the inconvenience to the travelling public while making sure those who shouldn't gain entry, don't. Variety comes as standard in Border Control - a shift might be spent interviewing

Freefall

Full Registered User
Think they are losing more operators thatn they care to Mally. Pity really but as usual internal politics and conditions of service bickering seems to take over what could be a brilliant job

There were always going to be teething problems. Especially with the amalgamation of the different agencies, there will be an "us and them" attitude betwen the police officers and the customs officers. The internal bickering will go on for years. I personally don't see it working, within 10 years there will be another law enforcement agency formed.

No the other North!

Longterm Registered User
Got my current bike off one of these lads, he reckoned his 'earnables' to be well in excess of the max £££'s quoted.

A brilliant 'Boy's Own' job which was once a secret: pre H&S nazism, I used to go pillion often (and once got my knee down on the roundabouts) if the need arose to cover a lot of ground extremely quickly. If you can rise above the politicking, it's yours, but there have been spates of high death tolls in this role, completely unconnected incidents but seems to go in batches. Not one of them I know or have met fears death, only paraplegia, so they don't do anything by half-measures.

If you have a second skill-set (electronics, etc) you will be very attractive to them indeed.

Top Bottom