a5955

Longterm Registered User
HI all

Just a quick bit of info for people who are interested in working for the UN.

Go to www.jobs.un.org

First you need to register and create a profile before u can apply for any jobs you like the sound of.

Once you are registered and logged in there will be a box on the bottom of the advert that says "Apply Online"

This will take u through a series of questions and then to a final cover letter type question. When u write this final bit re - read the job description and highlight the keywords in it then use these keywords in the cover letter.

Why u ask, this is because a computer first sorts all the applications made and it looks to see how many keywords are in the cover letter, if you have enough it ends up on someones desk if not its binned.

You may think this is a bit far fetched but its true . My best friends wife worked in HR in Kosovo and it came from her, plus I had much more sucess with this method as well.

Any questions just ask

Great, thanks for letting us know.

Its the first time I've heard of automated application checker but I suppose they get a lot of applications for jobs..

I wish I had been here and read that a week ago! :eek: D'oh!
Still there is always the second time around if the computer will let you re apply for the same post.

Thanks

Back