Any knowledge of Professional Security?

LakeEffectKid

Full Registered User
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there had any knowledge of a company called "Professional Security". They're ACS Accredited, and claim to be in the top 5% of that. Their head office is in Leeds.

I have an interview with them soon for Door Work in London, just wondering if anyone on the forum has had any prior experience of/with them, standard sort of stuff really; are they a decent company?

I appreciate this probably isn't the best place to post this, but I'm not too sure where :/

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated!

LEK

Seems to be a hell of a lot of companies 'in the top 5%' of ACS!

Just sayin'....

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

I agree TMAC!
I've done some work for similarly-advertised companies in the past who were useless!

Guys, I have my interview on Monday, any intel would be greatly appreciated!

Hi LakeEffect Kid

Here is some info for you.

MD is a guy called Brett McMann and he has been in the business for a number of years. Here is his link Brett McMann - United Kingdom | LinkedIn

Professional Services is a trading name of Effective Security Services Ltd and here is a link to their details
EFFECTIVE SECURITY SERVICES LIMITED of LS10 1ES in LEEDS WEST YORKSHIRE

I do not know the company but they appear to be compliance-driven and this is likely to come up when they introduce their company to you at the interview.

The parking looks a bit of a nightmare at their location and therefore allow plenty of time.

Good luck,

JHD

I know in Manchester they are not liked because of the under cutting they do,pay rubbish also promise the earth but don't deliver

I contacted them about work about 6 months ago. Walked out of the 'interview' when they wanted to take £6 a week for 'admin'.

As for parking, they are next door a large shopping complex so no problem there.

Hi guys, sorry, I haven't been online for a while! I ended up being offered the job at the end of the interview, and cautiously accepted. (The last time I was offered a job in the interview, the interviewer never sent the paperwork off to Head Office for about 2 months afterwards, so when it finally arrived, they'd already filled all their places and I was left Jobless :()

Started with them about a week after the interview, and despite being told that I was at my "Permanent Site", I was then redeployed every week to a different site for about a month and a half, despite being liked by all the staff, management and team at the original site (Except the Deputy Head Door; she just hated me from the moment she saw me for some reason!)

The management side is terrible; I've been with them for 5 months, and had 3 different area managers. The latest one is definitely the worse out of them all! He never answers calls or texts, doesn't get back to you for about 2 weeks, doesn't text rotas like he should, advertise additional shifts at other sites, do site visits, anything!

If you work over multiple sites, it buggers your pay up! Every site you go to, they pay you less! I'm paid £5 p/h less than I should be because of the amount of times i've changed sites! I'm forever ringing head office over this, and they keep saying that only the area manager can change my rate on the system (Which he still hasn't!)

I was working one site on the August Bank holiday on a shift that finished at Midnight, when I went to leave to go home, the Area Manager (Who happened to be there) told me that I couldn't leave; I had to stay until the place closed at half 2. By that time, the last bus had gone, and I had to fork out a lot more than the 2 1/2 hours' pay i'd gotten extra for a taxi home. The area manager said to send in the receipt and the company would reimburse me, as it was his fault for telling me midnight, 3 months later and still no money.

They're constantly recruiting (Look at the Job Centre listings for "Door Supervisor" and they're pretty much all of them), but the people they recruit can't do the job & fired within a week! I was working with someone who would do nothing else but play on either his phone or the fruit machines (Yes, actually sit down and PLAY the fruit machines while he was supposed to be standing on a side door!) Another that turned up for a shift and sat down for the whole shift at the end of the bar, saying he had a bad back, another that couldn't understand the policy (ID everyone, Bag Search Everyone, absolutely NO drinks outside).

All in all, if you work with people who've been there for years, it's not that bad. If you get lumped in with the new lot, you're screwed. And you'd have more luck speaking to a toddler than to your area manager!

New Staff

I think things might have changed now, I joined this company back in December and they got me sorted out and working on a permanent site very quickly. Management have had an overhaul and now the new managers are clearing up the old managers' mess, trying to get a solid nationwide team together. This is just my opinion based on my own experience, but I'm really happy with them. Hopefully now other people can be too, if they come to work for them :)

Hi Kittie,

Your experience is clearly a lot better than mine! I've worked (rather regrettably and not for very long!) with G4S and Show Sec before. I thought that i'd worked with the worst of the big companies, and everything would be better! How wrong I was! I've been with them for 10 months but am now actively looking for work for a variety of reasons. Over the course of the last 10 months, I have had EIGHT Area Managers (The newest one actually seems decent, knows something, and came and worked on the door with us at my "B" site last night, as a doorman, not as an area manager). I was finally placed on a "Permanent Permanent" site, told I'd be Head Doorman there, and that I would get an increase in pay, as i'd passed "Probation", back in January. Last week, I got removed from my door (The rest of the door team too), and have been put back in the pattern of bouncing from door to door, as myself and the venue manager had a slight disagreement with cutting hours (In the end, I came in an hour earlier than I should have and worked for free). I asked the new Area Manager to look into my pay situation (Like i've asked all the others, who have always said they were "Looking into it". By this point, i'd only had 2 correct pay cheques in 10 months (Weekly pay), as my rate was getting screwed (And my pay rise hadn't been put on the system). At this point, I am owed just over £650 by the company in short wages. They have turned round and said that they cannot (And will not) back-date or pay the money I am owed (This has come from my Area Manager, the Operations Manager, AND the Company Director, whose exact words were "Don't pay him a penny"), they are also refusing to honour the pay rise I was given in January, as there is "No Proof" I was given one (Which is my own fault; I should have asked for it in writing!). I also complained that all of the replacement shifts are a lot less hours than what I was previously getting, and I want to move to a site which has a similar number of hours available (Which a] I know exist, and b] Have been offered the HD Job at them previously). I'm being told that it's "Being looked into".

I feel totally de-motivated by the company, and while I think the current area manager is great, being denied a pay rise you were told you had & not being reimbursed money you were shorted, as well as not getting hours and permanent sites, means that I am seriously considering leaving them, and am applying to other Door Companies. My License expires next month; I've already got my new one, but i'm still deciding whether or not to give them the details.

Seems that you need to walk mate. And quickly.

Very tempted. I'm currently applying to every other company I can think of to work. As soon as I get something else lined up, then I'll walk. I also want to give the Area Manager a couple of weeks, because he seems like a decent guy, to see if he can do something for me about everything., I've got 6 weeks left on my Door Licence, and if the worst comes to worst, I'll give them the new number for a couple of weeks (Can't exactly be turning down money)

Professional seem to be one of the worst, if not the worst company around. They are the reason we have had no wage increase for quite a while. They go to bars and will undercut the company there quite dramatically. Employing shirt fillers for minimum wage to do a DS shift.

I know of several people who have gone and worked for the company, promised a certain hourly rate, and a few weeks down the line, the hourly rate changed without letting them know and after the DS has worked a full weeks work. Lots of problems with wages.

They employ anyone, you'll have to keep your wits about you. You will be lined up alongside "Door Supervisors" working for 8 or 9 pound per hour and trust me, they don't count when they are suppose to.

Simple fact is, they are cheap, but so is their quality, I have known certain bars to close because "of a fight" which their shirt fillers could not deal with. Any decent bar managers will tire of their poor quality and realize its not worth saving a few pence

chrisviking87

The post before your latest contribution is nearly 3yrs old buddy,
I haven't worked for them so couldn't comment about their rates or conditions.
I have had dealings with them where a large party attended a venue they covered and we had no issues and the team seemed decent

Regards

premier

chrisviking87, if you aspire to work in security your situational awareness is lacking bro. if you already work in our industry god help us... don't slag companies off, it will always bite you in the ass. I'm guessing you have a lot to learn.. Read more type less

Last edited:
I've worked in the Industry over 10 years, keep your advice to people who want to hear it ''colonel'' - if speaking the truth means they are getting slagged off, then so be it. Don't try give your advice where its not wanted, Col. of what? If its anything but the Parachute regiment you need to change your name.

And for your info, im speaking from experience. The worst thing a company can do is not pay their staff, or pay them incorrectly. Which Professional have done on several occasions at venues in South Yorkshire. They promised a former colleague of mine a certain hourly rate, a month down the line his rate had changed without him being informed and was getting much less per week.

When he finally got the the Bottom of why his wage was quite significantly short, they said your hourly rate is now so much. He never got his money back and left the company as they was trying to trap him into the company. He left, joined a different company and now is happy. I wouldn't just slag a company off for no reason, I have worked for Professional and when my wage was wrong, they rectified it, it took them a week or two but they did pay me what I was owed before I left. I suggest you read more Colonel

I've worked in the Industry over 10 years, keep your advice to people who want to hear it ''colonel'' - if speaking the truth means they are getting slagged off, then so be it. Don't try give your advice where its not wanted, Col. of what? If its anything but the Parachute regiment you need to change your name.

So this hardon you have for the Col, is that like throbbing or are you still working it up more.

If its anything but the Parachute regiment you need to change your name.

I'm not the one who needs to change my name, a simple google search of your name brought up your facebook and arrse account. Ever heard of PERSEC? God help us.

No harm intended bro. I'm sure you'll find your time here a pleasurable one.

I'm not the one who needs to change my name, a simple google search of your name brought up your facebook and arrse account. Ever heard of PERSEC? God help us.

No harm intended bro. I'm sure you'll find your time here a pleasurable one.

its all the fat****ingingers with man tits who use things like viking.

And for your info, im speaking from experience. The worst thing a company can do is not pay their staff, or pay them incorrectly.............. I suggest you read more Colonel

That's why there are wage query slips. I think you are punching above your weight my friend, slagging companies can do nothing but come back and bite you on the ass. Trust me I've read what you've said and to be quite honest nothing is making sense.

Regards
Col
(girl guides)
(we only accept ginger beards with man boobs)

Last edited:
Back