CPU Longmoor - Pre madonnas? or Pro's?

VIP BG

Full Registered User
Thought i would throw a cat amongst the pigeons!!

What do you reckon to the royal military Police close protection unit down in Longmoor, these boys are well known in the circuit but are they really that good?

thoughts please?

If your in the circuit how does this type of CP background change your perception?

View attachment 14

Having CPU instructor on my CV got me a reply within 10 mins after applying for a job. This then led to an interview and gaining the job.

Although not a security company and or a CP role they were aware of CPU and its reputation and I believe it definatley helped. I doubt it was the only reason why I got the job but it definatley made my CV stand out from the rest. I have found from reading quite a few CVs since leaving people are selling their skills short and submitting poor quality CVs.

Going of subject here but..... remember if you are ex RMP you can offer considerably more to a company with regard to the skills and experiences gained during GPD. Its how you evidence these skills and subsequently put them down on paper that counts.

With regards to Prima Donas.......... I could not possibly comment ! ! ! ;-)

I think you need to look at the cp job market and look at the requirements. Majority request SF or RMP CP experience.
Having RMP CP trained on my cv led to me being called forward for a lot of interviews so obviously some people rate us!
Having said that, in any large group you will get 'PRIMADONNAS', waltermityy's etc.
AJ

To be honest i think the reason people ask for SF RMP etc is to make sure they arnt hiring some joe blow who has just spent ex amount of pounds and got himself a SIA badge.
By the way have worked with rmp guys and they are all prima donnas
ha ha only joking guys ,
never met a badun yet .

Well as a member of the "original" CP bods, way back when some were just a twinkle, yes there are and were some prima donnas, A..n C..y for a start, but in the main the guys are level headed, intelligent well some anyway and and have common sense. Personally not been involved in CP aince Ch.ck Ha...ng passed away, but always interested in what the youngsters are doing. Anybody come across K...y Ro...s in stan, he must be the oldest CP guy in the business, he was one of my Cpls in NI in 1980!!!!!!!!!

I was an instructor at Longmoor for 3 years as well as going through there at least 5 times on Pre Deployment Training prior to operational tours. Whilst i wouldn't use the term "primadonna', I would not say that all the guys going through Longmoor are as good as they would have you believe. I also worked on the Raymond project in Baghdad for quite a while, which had 30 Longmoor trained guys at any one time, again, some of these blokes were basically stealing their wages. That team was probably the strongest team that Longmoor (n)ever fielded, but there were elements in there that were just being carried along.
I have also had to work with a few Longmoor Instructors who were quite crap. All that being said, the good blokes who go through Longmoor, as well as some of the instructors, are probably the sort of guys that you could put in any unit, in any situation, in any theatre in the world and they would shine. There are probably blokes like these in every unit in the British Army/Marines.
I could go on for ages about this, but I will wait for some feedback.

VIP BG why do you ask this question about RMP CP Longmoor when in another thread you state you are RMP CP trained ??

You are quite right CPO 445.

Good observation mucker you should of transfered to the monkeys..............you would of be head and shoulders above the rest of us LOL.

Yes mucker and before you think im a walter which i kind of think you might be hinting at; i am RMP CP trained down at Longmoor.

Just starting a wee debate buddy thats all. Thats what this forum is about i suppose and also getting a feel for who else is floating around in this forum.

Whats your thoughts on the RMP CP trained thing?

Theres certainly plenty of RMP CP in the high risk areas but is there as much in the 'Journalist'/media CP industry? Ive read alse where that you've also moved in those circles.

Cheers CM

VIP BG, good to hear back from you. I will not say that I was hinting as to if you were a walter but having read this thread and also your thread asking about the SIA, training etc I have to admit to being a tad confused seeing you have said you were from RMP CP etc
My thoughts on RMP CP training ? well to be honest I dont really know that much about it. I do sometimes work with guys with that background and have found them to be very good at their job, but have also found other operatives from other backgrounds to be equally as good.
I find that we do tend to work in our own small circles and even though I have worked with and for a few ex RMP I do tend to work more with Para Regt as that is our circle and whoknows who thing, I am sure you will understand.
Anyway mate stay safe and look forward to more banter soon

UTRINQUE PARATUS

Last edited by a moderator:
Longmoor Group CP

VIP BG,can I ask you first where are you from??In relation with RMP and Longmoor Group,you will be surprised how good they are!I would reccomend that course to everybody,who want to get in the Close Protection Industry.Very usefull course,the instructors are great,professional only good comments I can tell about them.I have been on the course already last year,very happy about it!!
Stay safe mate and we talk soon!

To through another spanner into the works why wasnt the RMP CPO unit open to all arms of the service and not just RMP,

Without being biased and considering all affecting influences on the subject; RMP CP is without doubt the best course consisting of the best blokes for the job arguably anywhere in the world.

That fact that this can still be improved on is as a result of a somewhat spineless management that has been experienced but this is common throughout the RMP.

Rich H

VIP BG, WD, i think we should always test the water, once twice maybe even 3 times, never know who is watching and learning?????

interesting comments and many are said with a good 'tongue in cheek' delivery.
But I have a question within the CP industry "HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE GOOD"?..........do you have to defend your principal on a daily basis?........if not then maybe you are good and your SOPs are working as a deterrent?......if so then how do you know or measure prevention?......hope that throw another cat in amongst the pigeons.

You know if you are good by making a comparison to those around you in the world.

This comparison is based in training - experience - knowledge.

Training in the military or government is different to the commercial world due to the students being constantly assessed. A constant 'Can I work with this man' policy by the instructors is achieved as opposed to the main purpose in the commercial world simply being profit. Of course, those involved in training companies will no doubt object but this is reality.

Experience gained by the operations conducted on a military and government level far exceed those in the commercial world - for the most part.

Knowledge gained from the tactical applicational ability in the pinnacle of operations provides a level that also far exceeds that of the commercial world.

How do I know I am good?

By a constant professional training ethos and effective operational methodology. Over 20 years of military, government and commercial training and experience resulting in the provision of services at the very pinnacle of close protection operations available.

It is very difficult to gauge how successful a CP Team is during an operation. One suggestion, albeit somewhat weak, is simply by the very absence of any incident. It is frequently stated that a CP team will never know if their operational presence, procedures or appearance have thwarted a potential attack with the threat preferring to choose a softer target. To a certain extent, this is true but with it brings a false sense of security that the very risk mitigation methods/ procedures used are effective and are working, and that any changes to these are indeed not required. This ‘So far, so good’ mentality is commonly adopted throughout the security industry but being more relevant to CP operations. I was once told by an ‘experienced’ BG who stated that with an operational experience of some 25 years; ‘This is evidence enough that my procedures do work, that whatever I am doing are the right methods to use and therefore I do not need change them’.

Of course, it is quite possible to have a lifetime ‘career’ in CP without experiencing any actions or incidents untoward. Many ‘operations’ are as a result of employing such services as a ‘life smoother’ as opposed to countering and/ or reacting to any threats posed. As a result, such operations do not experience any threats, actual, perceived or otherwise. The potential for real danger on a day-to-day basis, in the UK for example, although present, seldom arises. This gives the individual providing the service a false sense of ability and true market worth. It also provides the client with a false sense of security and a false impression that the service he/ she has received has been excellent in every sense of the word including proper assessment of and preparations for risk mitigation. This ‘false impression’ as experienced by the BG is a form of dangerous complacency. A complacency that will become ‘in-built into the individual’s operational mentality’ and will be subsequently taken onto future operations regardless of any possible increased threats –

‘Nothing has ever happened before and therefore I am doing the right thing’

- You are good because you are never complacent.

Rich H

Last edited by a moderator:
Back