Does anyone have this book? The Bodyguards bible - J Brown

CM,

The book is outdated. 'Jim' Brown used to run 'Excel Security' in the 90's together with Peter Consterdine and a couple of others.

The book covers a fair few topics but not in any great shape or form. Many topics are not that relevant or that important to be inserted into a book such as how to eat shell fish and the contents of an IED. It also outlines poor use of reaction to attack in both IBG and team roles. His book was really made up of the course handouts - almost word for word in many parts. I have a copy of it.

I don't believe the SIA has used this book as their 'work format' but rather that they had used Consterdine's 'Bodyguard Manual'. Consterdines is a little better written but again, content fails to meet requirements in any great detail.

You'll be better off buying one of each for a little light hearted reading or wait for a better one to come out?! I don't think the wait will be that long...

Dodger - long time no hear! I would have clicked on 'thanks' but the button is missing?

Rich H

Been on leave but back at work now!! Looking forward to your book no doubt will enspire me to better things Rich

Must be an old thread

Excel went out of business around 95. J Brown took his books contents from RMP Longmoor. I paid a lot of money to do those courses with Excel and if I stayed in the UK, it would have been a very bad investment as they never offered employment afterwards. It turns out I made a mint in South Africa with the course material.

sickofBS,
I went through their courses in '98, ExCel were still around then. Yep, a lot of money shelled out myself. Glad you had a good result in S.A.
The promised workload in the UK never panned out for me either!

Back