Met Police officer shoots himself in the leg

Hi Guys,

Give human beings weapons and ammunition, Police, Military or Private Security and sooner or later this will happen. It shouldn't happen, but it will.

No one's said it yet, but I do hope the Officer makes a speedy recovery.

Best wishes to everyone, stay safe..................Nippy

Hi

I think you'll find I did earlier!! But I concur!!

In this case shit drills.

Another feather in the cap for plod.

I take it your military?? As they generally have the most spectacular fails when it comes to
Weapon safety hence the concern with giving "squadies" glocks In the British army!! :)

I take it you aren't actually a copper as your grammar, punctuation and spelling aren't too clever but I do agree completely that giving G17's to the HMF is going to go very wrong!
No insult intended by the way.

If you don't know what your talking about best not to say anything!
That's a very broad statement and a load of rubbish!!
There are negligent and accidental and I have heard of negligent and it lingers forever!!
The officer will be disciplined and if negligent potentially lose his job!
There's no shrugging of shoulders or what the heck attitude!.

I'm typing on iphone not the best!, and yes I'm an AFO AND ARV you don't have to have brilliant grammar to be an operator sorry are you a teacher? Shall I look back at your grammar?

Eh?
Do you mean experience of NDing myself or experience of others NDing?
If you can't safely handle a weapon you shouldn't be handling weapons.
It is a broad statement but then again there are quite a few weapon mishaps with the fuzz.
Your spelling, puctuation and grammer improved on that last post BTW.

Fu cking hell Des, that sounds like something out of a Benny Hill sketch!

For anybody that knows anything about weapons it is not good. But the consequences are also interesting. Gone is my clear CRB. Getting a job is difficult. What this person did to me was to use these people as their own personal assassination squad and they nearly got their wish.

I have written to my MP and employed a solicitor but you are fighting the State etc. It has been two years and i'm still knee-deep in paperwork. Hence, I have no respect for them whatsoever.

Last edited:
'UK POLICE are among the best most well trained officers' oh yeah? A little story,

I had the dubious honour of being arrested by a fire-arms unit for reasons I won't go into here, (I did nothing wrong). They came around to my house with the authorisation to kill me. One of them jumped over my garden wall from an adjacent alley-way. His magazine fell off his weapon and the rounds spilled out on the ground. He reloaded the magazine and carried on totally unaware that he had lost some ammo. Many hours later they were still looking for the ammunition with dogs. A few hours later a member of the public handed in the rounds to the local station, well-trained - yeah!!

Another one of them was wearing his military medals on his webbing. I asked if this was official dress as I would be able to possibly id him with research just from dating his medals. The reply I received from their HQ was that in light of my comments they were now allowing them to wear medals and decorations on their dress, (webbing) etc. I pointed out to them that if this unit had become involved in a terrorist incident, involving persons with religious values, the sight of the medals could inflame the situation. What I got back from them was a 'no comment', well-trained - yeah!

This one with the medals was pointing a rifle at my chest and asked me if I was frightened? I replied no, I was ex-forces and used to weapons. I hope I spoiled his day. I pointed out to the IPCC that they should look into the psychological well-being of this person, 'no comment'.

Considering these people have a licence to kill (innocent) people I think from my experiences and that of reading about the people they kill on the street, I certainly have no confidence in them.

Yours, ever so bitterly, (all documented with IPCC)

Woh! keep us upto date with this one please Des!

CD

Just for info: As no further action was taken against me, NFA, I have tried to clear my CRB. I have had to employ a solicitor at a cost of thousands of pounds. I am not sure yet what the net result will be.

My new CRB is three pages long and it states that I was arrested, DNA'd, photo, fingerprints etc. Having employed a solicitor my CRB is still three pages long but now says DNA destroyed, etc etc. In other words the CRB states that you were arrested. I am trying to get a CRB that just states my criminal convictions, of which there are none, and this is work in progress. I have written to the SIA and asked them if this is a clean CRB and they are not sure. 'When your licence is up for renewal we will tell you'.

The main point I guess is that a person who has a grudge against you can make up a load of lies against you, have you nearly killed by them and if you survive, you find that your good name is destroyed forever. And these days, you just cannot clear your name.

Next; They didn't provide my very latest CRB within 40 days so I reported them to the Information Commissioner's Office. And on it goes; just because someone had a grievance against me.

Que sera sera!

DES- That sounds awful!!!!

Sorry to hear about all that!!!

The police officers involved were acting on intel they had been given via a briefing I'll never know what was said by the person wanting to get you in trouble no doubts access to firearms were me mentioned maybe that you had "special skills" "dangerous" the list goes on and on and then threat level rises and the officers briefed will be acting on the briefing they receive and how that is pitched for want of a better world will determine there mindset etc etc that is why briefings are so important before planned jobs.
I can't comment too much as the variables in this are massive, in terms of why and at what level of threat was perceived by the force in question in relation to what this person had said "lied" about you.
And as for the officer dropping a mag, this can happen to anyone but not finding the rounds is pretty poor, and also what the officer is alleged to have said to you doesn't sound good but if it was all looked into by your IPCC then what was the outcome!??.
Anyway hope it works out for you!.

Sent from my iPhone using Close Protection World

Thank you for your words above. The outcome is that I now have very serious allegations that are on my file. I am yet to see what state my CRB is in if they bother to reply. I have been to interviews for jobs since this episode but have not been offered a job. My attitude to them has changed, eg. as a first aider I have always helped anyone but now I ask, 'what do you do for a living?' If the answer is one of them I will walk away and I do not feel any emotion when any of them is injured or worse in the line of duty. I must confess, I now see them as the enemy and certainly not pillars in the community. I think I had better stop.

as a first aider I have always helped anyone but now I ask, 'what do you do for a living?' If the answer is one of them I will walk away and I do not feel any emotion when any of them is injured or worse in the line of duty. I must confess, I now see them as the enemy and certainly not pillars in the community. I think I had better stop.

You have poor character. I don't give a rats ass how much you hate them, if you are a "First Aider" as you suggest (I am a first responder, don't know if it's the same on bothe sides of the pond) then you are obligated to render aide. I give first aide to plenty of people I despise and would rather see 6 foot under but I am obligated morally, ethically and proffessionally. I had a hospital nurse state that she would let an officer die if he came into her room under her care...all because she got a speeding ticket. Well, we use that hospital and I can tell you she's no longer employed there! I think your first aide ticket/cert should be pulled for making such a BS statement. And now that you've done so, it is out in the internet for anyone to confirm. And....should you "Walk away" and something very badly goes wrong due to your negligence well, you think you have problems now?

Thank you for your words above. The outcome is that I now have very serious allegations that are on my file. I am yet to see what state my CRB is in if they bother to reply. I have been to interviews for jobs since this episode but have not been offered a job. My attitude to them has changed, eg. as a first aider I have always helped anyone but now I ask, 'what do you do for a living?' If the answer is one of them I will walk away and I do not feel any emotion when any of them is injured or worse in the line of duty. I must confess, I now see them as the enemy and certainly not pillars in the community. I think I had better stop.

Des, I've never heard of the police being given "authorisation to kill me" if that was the case how come your still alive? I've read your posts and I'm wondering, what were you accused of? For a firearms unit to storm a building it must have been something deemed 'ongoing' that couldn't be more safely dealth with by surround the house and asking the occupant to "come out with their hands up!"

You have poor character. I don't give a rats ass how much you hate them, if you are a "First Aider" as you suggest (I am a first responder, don't know if it's the same on bothe sides of the pond) then you are obligated to render aide. I give first aide to plenty of people I despise and would rather see 6 foot under but I am obligated morally, ethically and proffessionally. I had a hospital nurse state that she would let an officer die if he came into her room under her care...all because she got a speeding ticket. Well, we use that hospital and I can tell you she's no longer employed there! I think your first aide ticket/cert should be pulled for making such a BS statement. And now that you've done so, it is out in the internet for anyone to confirm. And....should you "Walk away" and something very badly goes wrong due to your negligence well, you think you have problems now?

Beat me to it :)

Just for info: As no further action was taken against me, NFA, I have tried to clear my CRB. I have had to employ a solicitor at a cost of thousands of pounds. I am not sure yet what the net result will be.

My new CRB is three pages long and it states that I was arrested, DNA'd, photo, fingerprints etc. Having employed a solicitor my CRB is still three pages long but now says DNA destroyed, etc etc. In other words the CRB states that you were arrested. I am trying to get a CRB that just states my criminal convictions, of which there are none, and this is work in progress. I have written to the SIA and asked them if this is a clean CRB and they are not sure. 'When your licence is up for renewal we will tell you'.

The main point I guess is that a person who has a grudge against you can make up a load of lies against you, have you nearly killed by them and if you survive, you find that your good name is destroyed forever. And these days, you just cannot clear your name.

Next; They didn't provide my very latest CRB within 40 days so I reported them to the Information Commissioner's Office. And on it goes; just because someone had a grievance against me.

Que sera sera!

If what you are saying is true then you were arrested, released, DNA destroyed etc, NFA. So? you still have a clean record don't you? I am assuming that people you give the CRB to can read. You cannot get arrest records expunged. It happened. I'm struggling a little to understand why it would be three pages just for one arrest. Anyway, isn't a standard CRB just convictions?

Last edited:
as a first aider I have always helped anyone but now I ask, 'what do you do for a living?' If the answer is one of them I will walk away.

You can't do that, not and qualify as a human.

I have treated some nasty pieces of work, who's lives I have saved only to have them threaten me and mine. But would I do it again, of course I would. First aiders are neither judges not jurors, they are there to render aid. The only "get out" you have is not to put yourself in harms way, not because you don't like the person's job.

Sorry DES that's just ridiculous mate and extremely narrow minded!! Surely it's the "person" who " lied" about you who you should have a problem with!
Sounds like there are many more issues there than meets the eye!!

Fu cking hell Des, that sounds like something out of a Benny Hill sketch!

Gareth a question........as you seem to be an expert on everything firearms related what is your skill set I'm very intrigued....no porkies please the truth or are you an armchair expert?? :)

Back