Putin vows to annihilate muslim terrorists

SCT

Security Directors
Russian officials believe that they know the identity of the man who blew himself up Sunday at a train station in the southern city of Volgograd, killing at least 18 people.

The Moscow Times reported Wednesday that officials had identified the suspect as Pavel Pechyonkin, a Russian man who had converted to Islam and joined a militant group. The paper said that Pechyonkin had quit his job as a paramedic with a local ambulance service to join up with fighters in the region of Dagestan. The paper also reported that Pechyonkin had changed his name to Ansar al-Rusi.

Pechyonkin's identity as the bomber could be confirmed through DNA analysis using a blood sample from his father. The Moscow Times also reported that Pechyonkin had rejected two videotaped appeals from his parents to leave the militant group and return home. The first of those appeals was made this past March, while a second attempt was made in September.

Officials said Pechyonkin responded to the first appeal by recording a video of his own saying that while his parents' pleas had "saddened" him, he would not leave the militant group. He appears not to have responded to the second effort.

Meanwhile, Russian President Vladimir Putin, opening a meeting before dawn Wednesday in Volgograd with the heads of the Federal Security Service and the Interior Ministry, said: "Whatever motivated the criminals' actions, there's no justification for committing crimes against civilians, especially against women and children."

Putin Tuesday promised to annihilate all "terrorists" in response to the bombings in one of two New Year's speeches.

Read Full Article

Last edited:
I would just like to say, Happy New Year too you all.... As for the Islamists terrorist, whatever they call themselves in which ever Country, they are spreading like a disease. Let's hope the Russians find a way too eradicate them, as we in the West are to soft with our punishments.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Close Protection World mobile app

Putin leads a country, a nation.
A relatively conventional opponent really.
Islamic fundamentalists to my mind have very little to lose in comparison.
a Some what different opponent, which although we are containing to a good part.
We have yet to action a solution to eliminate.
We have yet to get the grandees of Islam onside.
Saudis, Iran etc.
My simple thoughts to a very complex situation.

Back