Quostions about Legion

airborneLT

Full Registered User
Hey there, I'm interested to join the Legion, and still have few questions that i can't find answers anywhere.
1.If there any possibilities after 5 years contract have about 70.000e savings? Because I heard I don't need to pay for food or accommodation. It would be a good kick start in my life. And is that true that first rank legionnaire get 3500e overseas in month?
2.After training when would be official as a legionnaire, is there a weekends? (if yes, how often?) or we have to work 24/7?

That's it so far, waiting for real answers who was serving or served there, not from who heard friend speeches, rumors or something like that.

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm interested to join the Legion, and still have few questions that i can't find answers anywhere.
1.If there any possibilities after 5 years contract have about 70.000e savings? Because I heard I don't need to pay for food or accommodation. It would be a good kick start in my life. And is that true that first rank legionnaire get 3500e overseas in month?
2.After training when would be official as a legionnaire, is there a weekends? (if yes, how often?) or we have to work 24/7?

That's it so far, waiting for real answers who was serving or served there, not from who heard friend speeches, rumors or something like that.

Are you planning on being a social leper and not spending a penny of your hard earned ?

Yes, you will have week-ends, yes pay is around 3000 - 3500 euros/month on deployment and this has been discussed trillions of times here and on other forums. You need to reconsider your searching technique.

About having 70K EUR on your account at the end of the service, yes it is possible too, especially if you serve in the REP, just be prepared to eat combat rations on week ends and have no life at all. Some people achieve that, especially Russians. Just consider the following : you are investing in euros in France over 5 years, this IS risky indeed, soon enough French banks like in all financially weak European countries will have to be bailed in, and it will be with your hard-earned cash. Or the euro might explode (finally !), and be advised, that day the French Franc will be massively devaluated, as they always did in the past.

Think about your transfer options as well, your cash will be kept in the sh1ttyest bank of France, e-banking is non-existent unless you fill 3000 pages of paperwork which you won't have time for and probably not be authorized as a legionnaire. Sometimes for as little as 1000 euros withdrawal you'll have to ask your bank 2 days in advance (I know... WTF ??!), for transfers overseas you have to fill one huge page of paperwork for every slice of 3000 euros (I know... WTF again !).

Ok, thanks for answer, I will ask other way, how much does regular legionnaire have savings after 5 years contract? If he live normally.
by the way, in witch year do you finished your service?

Ok, thanks for answer, I will ask other way, how much does regular legionnaire have savings after 5 years contract? If he live normally.
by the way, in witch year do you finished your service?

I finished in late 2011.

It is all about the legionnaire's use of his money, anything is possible between 80K euros and -1000 euros (when you owe so much to the Club Compagnie you have to borrow from your comrades so the regiment lets you go hahaha).

Do your maths, search on the web for the price of things in France.

As for everything in the legion, it is very difficult to plan precisely and to predict... there's a part of uncertainty you have to accept or you will certainly not stay long in the legion...

Of course you can have all that money by the end of your contract, just forget about weekends, get an admin job, cook, electrician....dig a hole, make your cocoon, close your eyes and get out after 5 years. real answer....1-obey orders 2-inform 3-protect and maintain military infrastructures and equipment and 4-accept constraints....................if you can live with this then it's fine

I see, thanks. Other question maybe you know what is requirements for GCP squad? I heard that you should serve atleast 3years in Legion?

Worry about going CRAP after you've got in.
You have a long, long way to go before you can even think about doing it.
Concentrate on the basics 1st mate.

OK My son joined 1/20/14 he did contact one of his friends on 4/5 by internet so since 1/20 this is the 1st anyone has heard from him. He has been gone just under 11 weeks. He told his friend he only had 4 hours off. Does that make sense? Still no address to write how long does boot camp last? Would he have signed his contract by now?

Thanks Kathy

He would have signed his contract right at the start.
Castel is 16wks in duration after that he will go to unit or go civile.
No idea why he had 4hrs off, maybe the instructeurs wanted to have a quiet afternoon?
I'm sure he'll get in touch when it suits him :)

No, he's in.
His contract started when he went to the recruiting office and handed in his passport.
It will be up to him if he wants to stay or return to civilian life at the end of his 16wks though.

Back