What is your favourate Sidearm???

I agree with hippy you dont get a choice you have to do with what there is and make sure your drill are up to speed and you have adapted to the weapon

True mag is the way to go. Even if you have a speed loader and you practise to high heaven your not gonna be faster then someone who drops a cartrage and slaps in a new one. Back in country (Kenya) my home country but the whole civil unrest thing is affecting everyone. Don't wanna get caught anywhere with a weapon even if you have a valid license coz the cops are alittle trigger happy lately plus all the ranges are more or less out of commission, no one wants to travel too far from home so haven't discharged anything lately. Can already feel my accuracy dying. Yeah everyone says the Glock is the way to go if your a CP operative. Especially like the fact that its so damn light. Haven't fired it though...

Having only used the Glock 17 recently on the Anson course first impressions very good...Hopefully will use some other firearms in the future.

Guns are a tool only. As long whichever sidearm you are carrying goes bang when needed then it's the best gun out there. Ultimately though if you need a gun things have gone seriously wrong... your best weapon is your brain!

Beretta Px4 Storm, I love it. Not used it tactically but used it extensivly on ranges, and its a cracker.
I agree with the above, your brain is your best weapon, but as for sidearms; everyone has a pref but ultimatly what fits your hand and works for you is whats best, thats the reason I love this little baby, in .40cal Smith & Weston rd she's great.
I pesonaly do not get on with the Glock although I do like the 17 range, it just feels wrong in my hand.
The Sig P228 is another I get on with well.

Glock 17 hands down my fav. have been using the CZ99 recently and just now it has been upgraded to the CZ999 (compact) not too bad for a cheapy easty beasty weapon but nothing in comparison to the Glock.

Well i can tell the the Compact 941 Jericho 9mm ends at looking gorgeous!! I recently used the pistol for 2 months as it was issued by the company as a PPW. Let me list the disadvantages:-
1.It is about as compact as having a brick in a holster.
2.The top slide is a lot thinner than an average pistol so making ready can be quite difficult.
3. The slide locking lever is to far forward to lock the working parts to the rear, without moving the pistol in your hand to gain purchase.
4. Trigger is weak and slow, causing problems when trying to double tap...even with good ammunition.
5. It wieghs over a kilo aswell
So if i were you i would leave it in the gun cabinet in the gun shop looking gorgeous, where it belongs!!
As the guys above have mentioned the Sig 226 is one hell of a pistol, and so is the HK USP, i can vouch for them as i have used them both.
However where i live and work at the moment concealability is the name of the game, i was going to go for the Glock 19 as again i am familiar with its operation, this is classed a compact pistol but i recently used the Glock 26 which is a Sub-compact pistol which again chambers a 9mm round.
The model i fired had been upgraded with a new compensator, which increased muzzle velocity and decreased the barrel rise considerably allowing a very close 2 round group on the double tap.
Also after a bit of investigation i found that due the the frame of the pistol been the same as the 17/19 you are able to fit either the 15 or 17 round magazine, although you will have to fit an adaptor to the magazine, as the standard issue magazine the 26 comes with forms part of the actual grip.
I also carry as back up a Walther P22, again a very compact pistol, one slight disadvantage though it is .22 which doesnt have much stopping power, but used in the right way can lead to the target dropping just as well as a 9mm or .45.

I have a different opinion about the Jericho. I carried mine (also a compact model) for about two years in the humid and hot climate of central america. The gun is extremely accurate, will shoot anything (not only good ammo like the Glock) and I never experienced ANY problem whatsoever. The gun is heavy, yes, but I find its weight is an advantage to tame the recoil. Accuracy is extremey good and sights are easy to use.

Disadvantages: For people used to the tupperware, this is a heavy gun. Even though the finish protects the gun, it will rust if not maintained properly (unlike Glocks).

I own a Glock 17, 26 and a Jericho...and I find my self carring the Jericho more often than the other two.

Taipan.

The Glock 17 & 19 I found were very user friendly as was the Sig 228. I actually preferred the Sig, I think because I found it shorter and I liked the de-cocking safety function. However, the US Govt issue M9 is a piece of junk, even in range conditions. Its too long, too heavy and too many working parts are exposed to ingress dirt and the safety catch is dangerous.

Favorite sidearm

After carrying a Ruger revolver in the police any automatic weapon is welcome. I have to favour the Gloch 19 - small hands. Its very light and you dont walk like John Wayne when carrying it in a holster, as with the Ruger.

i did a tactical firearms course last week so im pretty new to any weapons i used the glock 19 and the barretta. i found the recoil of the glock a shock the first few rounds but easily adapted to it, the barretta however though didnt have as much of a kick but in the end i preferred the glock as it wasnt as heavy to hold, i found my wrist tireing after a few rounds with the barretta where i could get through 2 mags with the glock with out even feeling it

The Glock 17 fits my hand like a glove and I once even fired the 18c at a range in Israel, although the full auto is pretty painful and useless, unless you have one of those Glock telescoping stocks they use there.
Everything about the Glocks is simple and robust, the worst automatic Ive ever handled is the M92, the safety is irritating, the trigger lever is open to the elements and its just too heavy.

Back