Dit(G) Dit(UK)

Christ...Mal H was my IIC Instr as a SSgt in 90 and when I knew people at DIT they all road bikes and did indeed have tashes and long hair. All except Caroline P who being a woman didn't have a tash...just a pink parachute and jump suit!
the set up has come a long way since then and as has been mentioned it's a good insert for the CV...

Neil

Mal H i think made DIT. He targeted the dealers and traffickers, where before him it was all raves and clubs. Although that wasn't bad either. the 2 i/c at the time was muscle man Brian...can't remember his surname.....was a jock body builder then went on to be csm in SIB great guy. Oh and yes i did have a tash but never rode a bike.

No tash here either, just a poncy haircut and a few earings. I have a vague recollection of spending 4 weeks in cyprus circa August 92 after an ex-squaddie. A Napa was OOB to most UK mil aside from the UN guys. It was all going so well until my partner spotted a uniformed RMP on duty and basicallyy molested him in the street in front of a few thousand people. It could have easily been taken as a drunk tourist apart from her screaming his name and running full steam ahead and jumping at him virtually wrapping her legs around his neck........if memory is correct that was acertain Mr Jordan....

I remember the 'attack', I'm sure I'd have remembered had she managed to get her legs around my neck, if only! We were told you were in town, but not where you were or who was on the team, just to carry on the usual bar patrols. That was 16 yrs ago, who was your partner, my minds gone blank (not difficult these days!). Come to that Rosie who are you? I thought you were someone else and realise your not! PM me and let me know, then refresh my memory about your partner.
Thanks for the memory recall, it's put a large smile on my face...and there's not much to smile about in Baghdad!

Neil

There is now...... she is either in your neck of the woods or in Kabul with CRG :)

PM sent

PM yet to arrive but I've just remembered who it was...not that it matters much, I'm very happily remarried.

She's a good girl as well, has been with the same guy for quite a few years now, I last bumped in to her in Basrah in 04.

Neil

Good news on all counts and I can only agree with your opinion, definately a star and a great person to know, cannot sing enough praises on that one. I cannot really claim a great memory, it only came back to me when your name come up in a meeting I had back in UK about the Commonwealth Heads of Govt meeting in September with the MPS Spec Pro Cmd - DCI PC was singing your praises - sometimes the world is small.. typical case of " do you know" etc..your name triggerd that amusing flashback

will resend the PM - put that down to organic failure..

Peter C? A good man, haven't heard from him for a while but see other friends and colleagues of his around in the most odd places on my travels. As you say it's a small world!

Back