German Security Company

Prometheus

Longterm Registered User
I recently had contact with some German marsec operators and believe they work for a company INS? the company I believe is based in Northern Germany. I have attempted an internet search but this has not identified the company, has anyone else heard of this company or can they provide me with a website.

Thanks

P

IBS CEO got a shitty attitude.
He asked for my salary request, I replied about 7000 Euros per working month.
He replied there is NO WAY they would pay anything near that.
So I asked how much are they paying then?
He replied there is nothing to talk about as my salary request was sooooo way out of line.
That moment I was happy to just ignore the whole company.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass wir nicht mit "Contractorn" oder Subunternehmern zusammen arbeiten. Bewerber werden bei Eignung ausschließlich fest eingestellt!......that would be; Please note that we do not work with "Contractorn" or sub-contractors together. Applicants will be suitable only for fixed!!!!!!

Shity translation any way, they don't look for a "contractors" they rather employe in Germany based personnel with longer benefits, that would be social security and pension .

Another point to observe is -Fix Address in Germany (necessary for firearms permits)...even do you would work outside off germany but it might be du their tight work with German naval, I'm guessing on that one...

If my memory serves me good there are lads on this forum that use to work for above mentioned company in the CP role....they haven't been happy with daily rates but remember its long term job with some benefits, don't know in depth which ones.

para

Para88, Thanks for replying. I have looked into the company and I have seen that a fixed German Address that is required, I was born in and grew up in Bensberg and Köln before moving to the UK, Having a lot of family still in Germany the fixed address i already have. I have heard that the day rates aren't the best but that its a long term gain with this company.
If anyone Else know anything i would be grateful if you shared it.
Regards

If you're not German, Speak German or live in Germany then don't bother...

To work for them you will be employed as an employee. Taxes, national insurance etc etc. So 7,000 euros a month is laughable.

If you're not German, Speak German or live in Germany then don't bother...

To work for them you will be employed as an employee. Taxes, national insurance etc etc. So 7,000 euros a month is laughable.

Well, I received a call of them today about an interview at mid May.
You don't need an fixed address in Germany, the proof is, I live in France.
So, I don't have to pay taxes over there.

Well, will see what they say and offer exactly when I have my interview with them.

Cheers,

MAY

I would look into the tax treaty you have with Germany and france followed by seamans tax exemption of which there is none.

It would be interesting to see how it comes about. Not specifically for maritime but how they are getting around the labour law which has effected colleagues of mine who have worked for german companies and were taxed by the company in the 50% bracket. They had to show they were paying taxes at home to get it back from germany.

Well, just an exemple:
If you are a French Citizen and if you work for an foreign company more than 6 month/year outside of France, so , you don't have to pay a taxe in France!
Of course, the company based in Germany have to pay for you insurances, taxes, etc, because that's the law over there, but you don't have to spend some money. Of course they company will say maybe, ok, I give you less money/month, because we have to pay all the taxes, etc., for you, and that's normal. If you have a salary of, exemple, 7000 euros/month, and if you make more than 6 month of deployments, so, you don't care.

Yes, you won't have to pay tax in France, but the tax is Germany is very high, expect around 50% to be taken in tax and insurances.

If you went with any other company you could claim self employed and then keep all your taxes.. somehow. Or even claim seamans tax credit. A german company is the worst option.... I think.

Yes, you won't have to pay tax in France, but the tax is Germany is very high, expect around 50% to be taken in tax and insurances.

If you went with any other company you could claim self employed and then keep all your taxes.. somehow. Or even claim seamans tax credit. A german company is the worst option.... I think.

Hmm...I come back to you with more information later, I have an german mate who was been working over there, tomorrow I give him a call, will see what he say about the taxe's.

There are Six Tax Classes for Germany for a worker, 1-6. With tax class 3 being the best rate a person can get, however Germany also has tax treaties in place with many other countries. Meaning if you are from France and work in Germany you can pay tax in Germany and at the end of the year when your taxes are filed on both sides of the border the finanzamt (from the Berlin capital) will provide you with the proper documentation in bi-lateral (German/French) format that France must accept.

On retirement age you will have the ability to collect what you have placed in from said country.

But the security industry is dead in Germany, many will play a good tune for you about how successful they are but most operators will clear about 10 Euro and hour before tax. But the pay I guess is based on the need & standard, there is not much of a need and the national standard to gain the 34a is a joke and if you are not German (unless Swiss) then the 34a is a bigger joke.

I know some Germans in the industry who have all had companies, in the end they cross border to Luxembourg daily to work at various embassies. The US embassy always has slots open and the people I know who started off there made around 17.80 an hour no tax. They also say that is what you will start at and end at, with no room for movement. Most operators just use it as a stepping stone to other Diplomatic Security work, RST or CP.

Back to Germany, I have seen people work there for less than minimum wage, sometimes as low as 5 Euro and hour on a part time contract. So that means no national health coverage and not enough to take taxes out directly but can be enough at the end of the year to pay taxes.

The country is f*cked, with nearly everything being on a union but no one really gives a shit enough to assist. Come wage time if you work for a German employer and you are a foreigner then you will get screwed. The worse part about the German industry is that they think just because they can speak a form of redneck dialect protestant German that they can go south to Switzerland and try their hand in that industry, very few make it their.

So to recap, the best way to become a German Security worker. Shave your head, take lots of roids, beat you spouse and children, drink tons of alcohol, question any authority higher than yours, file for welfare, and most important never ever under any circumstance get an education and place blame on everyone & everything as to why you can not make money. One more thing tell everyone you where Special Forces or the police and make sure you update you facebook page hourly with whom you are protecting and their current location.

Back