Status
Not open for further replies.

micah

A couple days ago I took a mini Security Guard course. For 3 nights now I have not been able to sleep properly before 5am. I fall asleep fine, but always wake up 3-4 minutes later. As you can imagine, this is HIGHLY frustrating. Everyone of these short kips takes me back to the same nightmare, as it slowly progresses through the night. I do not work night shift, and am not tired during the day,so i do not sleep through it. Is it possible that my body is in a mode that will not let it sleep?
or maybe i should just see a psychiatrist
Yes, I was sleeping fine before the course.
The nightmare changes every night, but remains the same one during that night. When I fall back asleep, I end up exactly where I was when I left off. So far the dreams have been working on a construction site that would never be completed, a never ending go-kart race, (I know this doesnt sound bad, but try putting up with it for 7 hours) and fighting in the trenches in WWI. I wake up when something drastic happens, ie get crushed by a crane, crash my kart or get shot. I can get out of bed, walk around, have a glass of water, but as soon as I fall asleep again, I get up from under the crane hook, get my kart out of the situation, or simply keep shooting. I cant remember which side I was on. Despite this I can manage the whole day without falling asleep. now for example, it is 9:04 am, and I have decided to get up, because I can not sleep any more. What can I do, I was on the verge of tears last night it was so frustrating....

Greetings. Is the nightmare always the same or a variation of the same incident. Was the incident in the mini security guard course, maybe as a demonstration or a film shown? if it was then there is your problem. a psychiatrist is not what you need it is to forget what it is that is bugging you. Hard yes. but not life damaging. many training films and such have hidden meanings buried in the subconscious part of your brain that cause them to work like a endless tape and keep replaying over and over. it is called subliminal learning. and sometimes it can get stuck and drive you buggy. once you realize what it is you can set your mind to erase it, maybe with hypnosis help. The falling asleep part sounds awful familiar. I had that for years after getting out of the Marines. Always listening, always ready to be attacked out of the night. Hard to kick, but it can be done. Good luck on doing it.

My lad plays TV very low all night, anything with talk on it but not radio with tunes, whilst he's sleeping. Seems to work for his night horrors but he's had a fair amount of professional advice prior to this. This isn't the entire cure.

Mate, no offense, but if this is the stress levels you are facing after a 3 day course, look into another career for your own good.

Go have a good workout and it should help relieve the stress. Good luck ad again, no offense intended.

mts

Night mares after a 3 day course... try a night lamp it works for my 5 yr old. I would try a different career... Is this a wind up??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back