security services contract template required

paul2bess

Full Registered User
hi peeps ,

i have taken a deep breath and decided to risk it and go it alone and set up my own security company right or wrong decision only time will tell.

i have covered all the basics but am stuck now ..grrrrrrr

i am wondering if there is a general template which i can personalise later for the contract of providing security services u know the one the security comapny gets the client to sign

i would be very grateful for any pointers or advice given

many thanks

Not teaching you how to suck eggs, but you may also want to consider having a decent confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement (nda) and possibly a non-competition agreement drawn up to cover your "assets".

I have a wee bit of experience starting up a security firm (did just that a few years back, then handed over operations to my mate once I decided my career interests laid "elsewhere" in the security industry) and learned early on to protect any jobs/clients that I had, because once the word got out I had started getting contracts, the wolves started "sniffing 'round the door" as they say.

NDA's discourage those who may jump ship from taking your profits with them.

And not to sound like I hate the world (I just hate the people who in habit it) but once you start making money, the dinner table fills up pretty quickly with guests who seem to think they are part of the family if you know what I mean.:mad:

Good luck to you and should need a decent NDA, let me know. I have one I lifted from one of the British 3-letter "risks" firms from a job I did for them a while back.:cool:

paul2bless,

As Arsh4d mentioned, it would be interesting to hear how you get on with your venture. I expect there are a few guys on here contemplating a similar move, whether it be now or in the future. I for one will be interested. Just out of interest, where will you be based and what is the scope of your services? PM me if you like.

Hi fella, Contracts between client and provider are essential as part as the terms and conditions of employment which is a requirement. My experience is not one template is sufficient to cover a contract especially if the client has more money than you to fight you in a court of law.A legal practice will charge 2-3 hundred pounds to write up a basic contract based on the information provided to them. A contract (terms and conditions) is also essential between the security company and either the employee or the sub-contractor to protect against any risk of litigation. Always remember that before subcontracting out any work always check that the contractor is legitimate and insured, or this will cost you as a company dear from insurance claims or HMRC complience reviews if they are not.

hi peeps ,

i have taken a deep breath and decided to risk it and go it alone and set up my own security company right or wrong decision only time will tell.

i have covered all the basics but am stuck now ..grrrrrrr

i am wondering if there is a general template which i can personalise later for the contract of providing security services u know the one the security comapny gets the client to sign

i would be very grateful for any pointers or advice given

many thanks

Well... well done Paul,

It is a big step to take and from past experience I am sure that the weight has been lifted from your shoulders...

Just a little piece of advice about contracts if i may..?

A contract is an Offer, followed by an acceptance, followed by a further acceptance... ergo it is a 3 way process so no client is going to sign immediately anything you place in front of them.

Remember, whatever comes out of the negotiations, don't take it personal, it's just business...

Good Luck

CD

paul2bless,

As Arsh4d mentioned, it would be interesting to hear how you get on with your venture. I expect there are a few guys on here contemplating a similar move, whether it be now or in the future. I for one will be interested. Just out of interest, where will you be based and what is the scope of your services? PM me if you like.

Spoman,

Have you thought of contacting Bubba (Moderator extraordinaire) to explore the value of a business start up forum here. I don't know whether there is one or not..? :D

Hi there! I am also in paul's shoes. But need some advice on how to get on with having my own company. Though I know that it will be different in my part of the world (Africa) but the baics must be the same. Please any advice from any body will be welcomed. I also need the template. HD can you help

Not teaching you how to suck eggs, but you may also want to consider having a decent confidentiality/non-disclosure agreement (nda) and possibly a non-competition agreement drawn up to cover your "assee

Do you still have those laying about, Grynch? Mind sending them to me :D ?

Carl,

It may be worth a try, however, how many would share their business acumen with others who will ultimatley become competition, possibly even on their patch. How many would be willing to share contract copies, assignment instructions etc, that they have sweated bloody tears over to produce. General business advice yes! good idea. Another good place to look is LinkedIn, some great contacts to be made on there as well who may share what you require or at least give professional security business advice!

:)
yet again we have people displaying there mobile numbers and email address's we should be intrested in securing ourselves not just what and who we protect people!!!

I think it is up to me if I wish to display my personal details, personal information is freely available on the internet through many different means, if some wants to find you they will.

Carl,

It may be worth a try, however, how many would share their business acumen with others who will ultimatley become competition, possibly even on their patch. How many would be willing to share contract copies, assignment instructions etc, that they have sweated bloody tears over to produce. General business advice yes! good idea. Another good place to look is LinkedIn, some great contacts to be made on there as well who may share what you require or at least give professional security business advice!

You make a very fair and distinguished point Spoman but I honestly believe that it depends upon an individuals attitude and how comfortable they are in their own skin.

It is of course up to the individual and as you can see from here, although small and independent I am more than happy to give others snippets of advice why..? because it happened for me...

Those business owners on here that treat competition as an 'enemy' do so at their own peril why..? Well... do you really want to spend the rest of your business career 'fighting' your competition or would one rather spend their valuable time being 'better' than their competition..?

One day this industry will learn to engage in 'Partnership Working' as we have succeeded to do in the Mountaineering and Extreme sports industries...

Perhaps then this industry will and can move forward...

THE ART OF GOOD BUSINESS IS BEING A GOOD MIDDLEMAN.. PUTTING PEOPLE TOGETHER..!

CD

Not sure if it'll help, but. I started by offering a 3 month contract. Not ideal, but client was happier with this, as it took a lot of pressure off them signing up to the unknown.
Also be prepared for your clients old provider to come back with a ridiculously low quote ! As the client will contact them, for this reason.
Then try and explain why your unknown and newly "expensive" service is better. I used "The fact that we are discussing this, means you're not happy with their services. I'll offer a 3 month trial." To my amazement, that worked, if not, I was just going to start crying and begging in their office !

Hope this helps. As i found this out the hard way, sat in front of a manager, area manager and an advisor, in what felt like the smallest office in the world.

Be prepared, or get a salesman to do the pitch, haha !

Hi guys i am new to this site and i just stumbled upon this thread. Does anybody have any terms of services templates which they wouldn't mind sending to me. I will use this as a foundation to build upon. Thanks in advance guys :)

Back