Dit(G) Dit(UK)

Ha ha, your right though time does go quick!

So 16 years ago, man that was when they had big tashes and Cortinas ;) ! (not that im saying you had a moustache that is!) :p

Legends! Were you SIB or GPD atatched?

Its always a bit akward talkin about current bits and bobs as the boys are out there just like we have been and of course OPSEC is paramount. So i'll give that a wide berth!! :cool:

For all our readers there is section on OPSEC and PERSEC

Im still in left that job a few years ago but boy it was good fun.

So are you still doing that type of job? or have you moved into another field?

LOL - I was GPD att, only the real Feds has the dodgy facial hair (a quick look at the team photo shows this to be correct). Left the Corps in 2000 not looked back. Working internationaly and immediatly noticed how much I took for granted the skills of the guys I worked with - you knew what they knew and you knew what they would do - a real luxury that you undervalue when it is there and miss sorely when it is not

Firstly have an idea what you want to do before leaving....and have a contingency plan just in case!
There are a shed load of good courses that will help you, again dpenednat on what you are looking at, having DIT is a shiny item on any CV (what people see at is and what you see it as are two different things). Shame for any RMP to leave without CP, IIC (or whatever it is nowadays) and to be honest, anything else that you can get onto, Crime Prevention is not a bad thing either. A good academic qualification helps, there are several secuity related degrees on offer, I did the MSc Sec & Risk at Leicester and would hardly class myslef as Int Corp material. You can also look at ASIS CPP / PCI/ PSP to further sell yourself. Feel free to send me a personal message with more direct questions, chances are that we know a few of the same people as I still have quite a few ties inside. You would be surprised of just how much is out there beyond the UK borders.

Hello everyone, i am new here. Its an interesting site and i am looking forward to the future. I was DIT(G) 14 years ago. Anyone else? Who remembers DIT(G) with RAFP attached? It was a dual service try out. :cool:

Hello Bracht!

That was a little bit before my time. But i do remeber someone mentioning RAFP being on the team.

I vividly remember someone saying great guy but somebody please tell him 'he doesnt need to stand at the front gate anymore' LOL :D

Only jokin Bro! Welcome to the forum! What you oing with yourself now adays?

lol very funny. :D I wasn´t actually RAFP myself. We had some good guy´s and gals from them though except their Sergeant. He was a bit of a numpty and decided to do it on his own. :confused: lol I never did understand that.

I left and stayed in G. It was not easy living on the G- net especially in those days. Had to learn the language, and and and .... There were little jobs in our branch, at least in the area i lived in. I did work with a Firm but it was very amatur and very boring. So moved on to another field.

Ex DIT/COT!!! Left in 2004. Hello to Covert Munkey, told you i would get on here at sometime didnt I!!
Alright Siv!! Infact the last time i saw you was when i was with Covert Munkey in the "obvious" town!!
Now working in the security industry as a consultant in Central America, and to be honest i am loving it!! Missing the team cohesion that you use to get in the job but hey we all have to move on.

LOL hey sometimes you have to take a hit for the team!!
Still trying to figure out who you are Baggers Bandit? u ex DIT?

Hello everyone i'm due to leave RMP in the very near future, i am going to be doing the civillian close protection course as resettlement, i am now getting a bit nervous as to what to expect when i leave has anyoneout there got any advice on things like where to find the best jobs etc etc

Hi Craig
You need to do some research as to what employers are currently looking for. That is the first step. Have you contacted the major companies yet and asked what is there current situation with employment (are they recruiting or not/will they be recruting when you leave) if so are you a candidate for there recruitment (do you have the right quals), are you old enough? Do you want to work overseas? there are loads of things you need to think about. Do you have an exit strategy, if none of the above works out.

Hello guys, looks like i am the junior member of the clan!! i am still serving with COT(G) as it is in this generation, lol, i have done four years and i am leaving in May, hopefully to follow in the surveillance side of life.

Back