The Royal Green Jackets

hello lads

i was 1rgj from 1997 to 2004, im currently thinking of coming into the cp world, does anyone know of the current recruitment situation... i havnt done a course yet but i will if someone can tell me which one to do, is it worth spending a few grand to get a crse under my belt, then how easy is it to get work, does anyone have any contacts who are ex rgj or anyone that can help me get started... smudge smith..brummie

gents, im x 1rgj 1997-2004...brummie smudge ..

i need some advice on how to get out to iraq/afghan doing cp... i havnt done a course yet but will if i have to , how can i find employment,, does anyone have some good advice please...cheers rifleman

Hi mate, have a look at "Control Risks", they do a CP course which is SIA approved and you can use enhanced learning credits or if still serving resettlement to pay towards it. They have new commercial contracts in southern Iraq and are looking at taking guys on in the near future and they favour guys who go through their system!!
It's a good way to get onto the circuit.

Hi all would like to wish all the lads who are ex RGJ the best of luck with the future.

all the best

jloveday
Black mafia
Former 1 RGJ

Hey good to see you all on hear, former 2LI, 1RGJ (Rebadged in Belfast) 95-01 keep your heads down and work with each other, there are a lot of ex Mafia out there on the circuit in good positions to offer different kinds of work. PM me for specifs the older swift and bold may remember.

Stay safe, keep low, move fast.

good to see so many ex jackets on here keeping the cap badge alive im ex 1 rgj 96-2000 sadly (md) squaddie bashers. been out 10 years but still miss the lads be nice to hear from anyone in maachine gun platoon (bugles) or 7 platoon b coy swwift and bold lads keep up the good work going to do my cp with longmoor not sure whether to do he or exec wat u boys think

Hello all

Its awsome to see a jacket page (ex 1RGJ MYSELF 05-09)

Theres one question, ive searched on here and asked everyone i know .....what course do i do ....im looking at G4S Phoenix

Suggestions please?

Many Thanks
Cocko

Hi guys hope your all well was with 1 RGJ, been 3 RGJ, 2 RGJ then 2 Rifles. it's good to see we have our own page.

all the best

Mac

Hi guys, ex 1RGJ/2Rifles 2002-2011. Any Future/Past Members who know me, add me to friends list. I just passed my CP Course with G4S Phoenix, think that was the easy part and now the hard part finding work lol

Hi lads. Ex 1 RGJ/2 Rifles. 2000-2007 and a reservist year from 2009 till 2010.
New into the cp game. Any info would be very helpfull. Thanks Mak

Hello to all Ex green jackets once a Rfn always a Rfn, been on the ciruit now about 6years, working in Iraq now Afghan, hope you are keeping well,
Swift and Bold.
Baz

a up mate no worries if you need any info ill be happy to help if i can, am ex 1rgj, now in afghan, tell me what you have done so far course wise ect.. and ill pass on list of companies whos best whos not and more importantly what kind of work you looking at. H/E or UK?

baz

you alright mate, maritime is booming at the moment, loads of companys out there, drum offer 12 month contracts, others mainly dont so you have to chase the work, down side there is stack load of course you need to get down and not cheap. also you will need to get seamans card and discharge book, but the comany you work for will sponsor you for them.
info in you need let me know, i did 5 years in iraq (cp) then contract finshed to did maritime for a bit 2 months on ship, but then this came up in afghan which was to good to refuse, maritime is easy just stagging on really.
well give us a shout if there is any info you need.
baz

Back