Daily Workout Thread

Hi All,

I find it very hard to stick to a daily workout / run due to work, personal life and University committments so since January have come up with a weekly programme to train for a specific event that I am doing in August:

Monday

5km run on treadmill (Hil reps/Manual depending on how I feel on Monday)
10 mins on crosstrainer (as warm up for upper body)
40 Mins Gymnasie (inc Chest, arm, shoulders etc)

Tuesday

45 Mins on bike (real one with dog running alongside)

Wednesday

5km run on treadmill (Hil reps / Manual depending on how I feel)

Thursday

Rest

Friday (Work comittments pending)

5km run on treadmill (Hil reps / Manual depending on how I feel)

Saturday or Sunday

Depends on work comittments I will do a 7-8km in North Wales with my dog on Moel Famau / Moel Arthur areas.

In March the 5km runs will be changed for 7km then 9km up to 10km etc until near my event I will be knocking out 12km in my sleep.

I think fitness is very important in any line of work, not just the CP sector and as I am 40 years old now in the past have quite easily chubbed out whilst at work and got into the 'I will do it tommorro' syndrome.

Napolean,

If the CP world had a little more of what you've got then the world would be a better place with higher standards.

Very similar to what I do although most of my runs are at about 4 or 5 in the morning.

Rich H

Yesterday was in Uni 9 - 6
consisted of baminton coaching 30 mins of doubles playing
x 2 volley ball coaching sessions (included cardio stretching etc)
Today
Back N rear delts
Wide Grip pull downs
4 x 15 reps
Seated Row
3 x 15 reps
partial deadlifts
3 x 15 reps
Reverse Peck Deck
5 x 15 reps
seated dumbell shrugs
4 x 15
went for a jog today 45 mins + normal cardio

Triceps and shoulders
DB side laterals
4 x 15 reps
DB Press
3 x 15 reps
Smith Mill Press
3x 15 reps
Rope Press downs
3 x15
Close grip bench
3 x15
Single arm cable Kickbacks
3 x 15 reps

Ran to uni this morning and ran to town dunno what the distance is???
At uni today had olympic lifting
front Squats
6 reps with weight
Over head squats
just oly bar x10
Split squats
just oly bar x 10 (5 each leg)

45 minutes fasted cardio
45 minutes b4 bed

It is heartening to see students who are not all dressed in "Velcro Pyjamas"
I applaud your commitment :)
"See us students are not all bean eating, tree hugging, cheap beer drinking , dope smoking, penny pinching no hopers!!!" have a little cheap beer though ^^

NASH..

In addition to my workout I have entered some races for experience of running with my dog prior to my event:

Sat 1st May 2010
The Wiggle Thunder 10km Canicross Race
Website: Pro-Velo Support New Webite - Endurance; cycling event organisation from Patrick Adams

Fri 23rd May 2010
Keswick Festival 10km and 3km - The Lake District

Tues 13th July 2010 (work commitments pending)
10km Forest Trail, Sherwood Pines, Nr Mansfield, E Midlands
Website - [url=http://www.209events.com]2:09 Events[/URL]

Thurs 15th July 2010
10km Forest Trail, Delemare, Cheshire
Website - [url=http://www.209events.com]2:09 Events[/URL]

5th - 13th August 2010
Trophee de Montagne
website - [url]www.tropdesmon.org[/URL]

Running with your dog and especially fell / hill running is quite satisfying and a good way to improve both trust and handling skills for both pet dog people and service / security personnel. You get all breeds and people of all ages & fitness levels.

J20,

See us students are not all bean eating, tree hugging, cheap beer drinking , dope smoking, penny pinching no hopers!!!

I am in a bit of a conundrum, re the dope smoking bit (not me personally) but one of the guys in the year came back from lunch stinking of the stuff, then openly admitted he went home for s smoke - pratt!

What worries me is that he is using equipment, and using lab tetsing machines etc...for vo2 Max and lactate testing. What if he fcuks up, hurts himself or worse injures someone else whilst under the influence of what he has taken.

Do I just ignore it and pretend I have no idea at all, or report him. Do I have a duty of care to the other students or just myself??? :confused:
Sorry to hijack thread.

I am in a bit of a conundrum, re the dope smoking bit (not me personally) but one of the guys in the year came back from lunch stinking of the stuff, then openly admitted he went home for s smoke - pratt!

What worries me is that he is using equipment, and using lab tetsing machines etc...for vo2 Max and lactate testing. What if he fcuks up, hurts himself or worse injures someone else whilst under the influence of what he has taken.

Do I just ignore it and pretend I have no idea at all, or report him. Do I have a duty of care to the other students or just myself??? :confused:
Sorry to hijack thread.

He needs reporting at once, if he hurts himself or god forbid a random innocent the ramifications are huge.

Please report him he deserves a reality check he knows the rules and is breaking them so report him.

I know many people will say this is harsh and have a word first but my experience in these matters (i have had a few) if you do nothing it will come back and bite you in the arse having a word means he will resent you and carry on anyway so get rid.

NASH..

He needs reporting at once, if he hurts himself or god forbid a random innocent the ramifications are huge.

Please report him he deserves a reality check he knows the rules and is breaking them so report him.

I know many people will say this is harsh and have a word first but my experience in these matters (i have had a few) if you do nothing it will come back and bite you in the arse having a word means he will resent you and carry on anyway so get rid.

NASH..

Thanks knasher for advice, will sort it on Monday. I'm not in Uni until then.

just thought i would put my total weight loss on here so far in 7 weeks is 20lb another 14 lbs is the target (anything else over that is very good)...I have 8 weeks left to loose it.

The diet is very intense, cardio is going up to 2 1/2 hours a day also on top is uni stuff (very physical course) and weights session 4 days a week, and other every day and leisure things I do such as walking/running to uni, swimming, cycling etc.

Last edited:
just thought i would put my total weight loss on here so far in 7 weeks is 20lb another 14 lbs is the target (anything else over that is very good)...I have 8 weeks left to loose it.

The diet is very intense, cardio is going up to 2 1/2 hours a day also on top is uni stuff (very physical course) and weights session 4 days a week, and other every day and leisure things I do such as walking/running to uni, swimming, cycling etc.

I have seen the pics on my Facebook event page.........Nice:D

Daily Workout:

10 km in North Wales this morning and what a glorious morning it was to, sun, clear sky and even a bit of snow.

I actually managed a 10km bikeride this morning first time in a very long time that i have been up to that, and so far the back isn't suffering too much, so if i don't suffer too much will keep it up every other day. Good luck with the loss J20

Bit of an off day today and just a 10km bike ride due to stiffness off the hill(s) yesterday.

Annie fair play at least you are doing something and biking good for your heart & lungs anyway!.

Thanks Annie much appreciated and thanks napolean for kind words. Glad your enjoying training, I can do leisurely bike rides with children but nothing to mad at the minute, else i use too much energy and my brain frazzles lol.. i have explained why below.

At the moment I am the weakest I have ever been strength wise, and leading up to my comp day I will be at my weakest (strength), but hopefully body fat, condition, symatry and muscle tone will be at its best. I am hoping that bodyfat will be down to 6 - 5% come comp day (fingers crossed). I am currently on Keto diet at the moment, carbs are very low under 10g. (hence weakness) so my body is taking a bit of a beating at the moment.

I can't post pics of improvements made, as laptop died ( i dropped it) i am using my dinosaur until I get my new one.

5km hill reps on running machine (fast pace down hill, moderate up)
45 mins upper body.

Day off today for the k9 mucker
rest day for me tommorro:cool:

j20,

I am finding it hard to eat the right stuff as I am quire partial to the odd chinese and chocolate bar.

any ideas?

Back