Daily Workout Thread

i've just recently started back in training and am currently using usn hyperbolic mass rapid weight gainer and amino 1500 tablets. As for exercise i do free standing weight training 4 times a week (day on day off system). lifting heavy
or am i going over kill on this. please let me know

Last edited:
1st time on here...I was a PTI for the Britsh Army a few years back and I'm still playing rugby

I do a day of CV and a day of strength training then repeat.
The CV is to get fit, forget your fat burning bike and x trainer I hit the runner hard 10 -15 mins fartleck the do a circuit like press -ups, pull -ups, dips etc, then back on the runner then back with a new circuit like lunges, sit-ups etc etc then finish on the runner same again.
Weights on the strength day,2 muscle groups per session - chest and biceps, back and triceps, shoulders, traps and legs.
warm up on the rower for 5 mins, hit the biggest muscle and lift as much as you can with 4 sets, then a different excersise till that muscle destroyed then repeat for the nest muscle group.....

Its got me fitter and stronger but its hard work and if your diets not right come day 3 your shot...I have a rest day when my body tells me

Sure you've heard this one, but eat little and often. It'll help increase your metabolism and inhibit the need to puke when you're pushing yourself. When I'm in a cardio-period for my kickboxing my meals usually look like this:

Breakfast (usually some form of oat-porridge with fruits, nuts, or other things to spice it up a bit)
Protein Shake
Lunch (light, chicken salad with pasta (make sure it's got a low GI index) is an old classic, give you load of carbs for the afternoon workout)
Second Lunch (Once again something light, works more like a stomach filler. Avoid fast carbs, so a whole-grain bread sandwich is good and easy to make)
Dinner (This is post-run, so go heavy if you want. Also include a shake)
Evening snack (right before bed, makes sure you're hungry when you wake up. Something small and light with slow carbs)

No, I have not a Work Out. I am just beginning. But I have a simple question very related and I prefer not to open another trend:

Would it be a good idea to have a trend where you (the Powers that Know) can discuss, suggest, criticize any fitness related resource that can be available in the net or the libraries so we (the newbies) can learn from your experience.

Just two examples: "Para Fitness and Trainig Guide" from Sam McGrath is a valuable purchase as a reference for a beginner?

The beforementioned in another trend one hundred push ups and, specially the NOT beforementioned sisters pages are worth to read and follow? Has any real sense that you can do 200 sit ups?

Thanks

Nice little lunch time workout if your short on time and kit but want to get a quick one in.

Warm up:
3 min skipping
2 min shadow boxing just to get the joints going

20 x Pressups
20 x Situps
20 x Burpees

1 minute rest, then repeat totalling 3 to 5 sets depending on fitness levels/time

Round it all off with one to three sets of body weight pull ups to failure

Quick, easy (theoretically :p) and minimal kit required!

Enjoy!

I trained to do 100 push ups and 200 sit ups for the maybe for the APFT it would be useful but I would'nt buy the 100 push ups and 200 sit ups book. They both don't mean allot the way I trained to do 100 push ups was train every other day and add reps on every day.

My preperation looked like this for example:

10 close grip push ups - diamond push ups
60 second rest
10 push push ups 6 inches apart
60 second rest
10 push ups shoulder width apart
60 second rest
10 as wide as possible push ups

Try to add reps on every training day my training day for push ups looked something like this:

Monday

Wednesday

Friday Max number of push ups

Sat no push ups

Sunday no push ups

Repeat adding reps on and get your rest time down to 30 seconds when you can do over 50 reps for each varient of the push ups and 30 second breaks youll be able to do 100 push ups. It took me just over 3 months.

To do 200 sit ups train on the days that your not training push ups try to max out every training session and then take a 3 minute rest and do 10.

Currently I train in a circuit include polymetric exercises and weight exercises with limited resting time inbetween. High reps with complex exercises when using weights. It trains your muscle stamina you wont look like a body builder or have massive strength but when it comes to keep going.

The fitest people I have met have been wrestlers, high level people in grappling sports and Gymnast. I train HIT and prolonged cardio but people would say I am a nutter so you dont really need to do all of this but I hope it helps.

Not so much a daily workout indication but more a relative article? but I would welcome some views please... I train 3 times a week now and I lead an active life but I feel more and more that some lethargy is creeping into my psychi. I prefer to train in the morning where possible but unfortunately the gym I use is attached to the local high school and therefore, only open post 4pm.

Sometimes, like today I really have to push myself to get on the bike and get down the gym!

So is this an age thing? does anyone else have a preference as to when they train or should I worry? is this the start of me becoming a 'Lethargy Junkie'?

CD

Hi Carl,

I believe it's a combination of age + lack of fluid. I tend to suffer more when 'dehydrated'. Not dehydrated in the true sense but not hydrated more than otherwise.

Drinking plenty of water and putting on some good loud music before I go out seems to help me.

Rich H

Hi Carl,

I believe it's a combination of age + lack of fluid. I tend to suffer more when 'dehydrated'. Not dehydrated in the true sense but not hydrated more than otherwise.

Drinking plenty of water and putting on some good loud music before I go out seems to help me.

Rich H

Thx Rich... good point... I missed that, yes defo age... and I had done a mountain bike sesh at lunchtime today and may have failed to replenish the fluid levels... I'll work on that and of course remember this conversation...

Good luck with the book sale BTW... Thx again

CD

yesterdays was... warm up 3x 10 pushups, 5 chinups, 10 GHD situps, 10 free squats, spideman pushups.
25 kettlebell swings, 25 GHD situps, 25 back extentions, 25 knees to elbow (hang off a chinup bar)
followed by 500 stepups
All done in Firefighting kit.

yesterdays was... warm up 3x 10 pushups, 5 chinups, 10 GHD situps, 10 free squats, spideman pushups.
25 kettlebell swings, 25 GHD situps, 25 back extentions, 25 knees to elbow (hang off a chinup bar)
followed by 500 stepups
All done in Firefighting kit.

b****r that !

Yesterdays was two pints of some decent local real ale I've never heard of at lunch, with an excellent cheeseburger. Follwed by a different two pints for early doors in the evening. For those little break in between, determined efforts to get through a pack of Marlbro' Red.

All done in beaten up Levis and a paisley shirt.

...hasten to add, I wasn't driving, as cars off the road. :) .... and the pub's all of a 15 minute gentle stroll away.

Back